Texas Fishing Forum

Navionics app?

Posted By: i-Fish

Navionics app? - 09/12/17 11:12 PM

Boating USA app for $9.99 worth the investment?
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Navionics app? - 09/12/17 11:34 PM

Definitely
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 12:00 AM

Yes sir. It's awesome on an iPad.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 12:37 AM

I use it every week.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 01:23 AM

Use it every time. Great for doing some homework before you hit the water.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 01:29 AM

How updated is the web app compared to the maps downloaded to the cards?
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71

The Web App is updated daily with about 2,000 additions. If you have a current Freshest Data update subscription for your map card, you can have the same data today as the Web App.

The Mobile App can be updated as often as you want also.

No excuse to not have current data if you want it.
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 08:21 PM

Worth every bit of your $9.99
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Originally Posted By: dlrz71

The Web App is updated daily with about 2,000 additions. If you have a current Freshest Data update subscription for your map card, you can have the same data today as the Web App.

The Mobile App can be updated as often as you want also.

No excuse to not have current data if you want it.

+1
Also when wondeing if the app is worth the money, check out the free webapp online and it will show you the same nautical data that shows on the phone/tablet app, plus the app has many more features such as shading and depth offset just to name a few.

https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating@6&key=omvvDnjx%7DP
Posted By: joho5

Re: Navionics app? - 09/13/17 10:49 PM

I have this and I notice that on my maps, there are waypoints showing up, but posted from other people. How do I post and share mine, and how are others posting and it showing up on mine?

I like the feature, just want to know how it works.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: Navionics app? - 09/14/17 02:02 PM

Best $9.99 I have ever spent. I use it ALL the time. It is nice to be able to study a map from your phone and drop pins before you even get on the water. And if your electronics on your boat don't have a GPS, the app works for that too. You won't regret the investment
Posted By: Canny

Re: Navionics app? - 09/14/17 02:21 PM

I used the Navionics app for ever. But I downloaded some chart select maps for my Humminbird and can view them on my phone using the Humminbird Fish Smart app. These maps are much more detailed on contours than the Navionics. Best part is I can place waypoints in areas where I want to fish and then upload them to my microSD and see them on my FF unit. Its more expensive, but has alot more upside than Navionics IMO.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Navionics app? - 09/14/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: joho5
I have this and I notice that on my maps, there are waypoints showing up, but posted from other people. How do I post and share mine, and how are others posting and it showing up on mine?

I like the feature, just want to know how it works.

That is Community Edits (shared waypoints and notes). Lowrance owners can do Community Edits also and view them on their units.

With your mobile device, touch the screen where you want to create a waypoint and edit the pop-up menu.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum