Texas Fishing Forum

Estimates for BBS at Fork?

Posted By: Fish2222

Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 02:23 PM

I heard there will be an estimated 2000 boats on Fork this weekend?
Is that true?

If so, it'll be a great time to hit any other lake.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 02:33 PM

I am on Fork about every weekend. This is the weekend I strap on my shoes and run in the opposite direction. I hate being down there in all that mess.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 02:33 PM

Yes its true... total chaos.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 02:42 PM

I'll be one of them 2000 boats! Week vacation I take every year... too bad I suck at bass fishing, but I'm pretty good at drinking beer afterwards.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 02:43 PM

Several years ago on the first day I counted 84 boats at daylight in Williams Creek if that tells you anything. I sat on the porch and drank coffee that day. hammer
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 02:54 PM

I'll be far away if I fish at all, usually 3000+ anglers, the skeeter had over 2200 this past June. Sealy could break the 4000 mark this year over the 3 days of competition. It really wouldn't suprise me at all.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 03:02 PM

I'm just praying there are no collisions and everyone has fun. We'll not be participating.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 03:13 PM

I heard 5000... hammer
Posted By: Code

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 03:34 PM

Staying at Hideaway Harbor for this one, I've never stayed there. How's the launch? From my quick googling, looks like no parking really other than those staying on the grounds so it shouldn't be too crowded? I'm not sure "not too crowded" is applicable to the Sealy BBS, but yeah...
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: GROD
I'll be one of them 2000 boats! Week vacation I take every year... too bad I suck at bass fishing, but I'm pretty good at drinking beer afterwards.

I'm fishing it for the first time this year. I'm sure it's going to be chaotic but if you go in with those expectations and just go have fun I think it will be fine. Even if I'm wrong, no amount of boats on the lake can take my beer away! cheers
Posted By: GROD

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 10:15 PM

Just wish the ones who have never been on the lake would wait until safe light to launch. Seems to be a lot of stopping in the middle of boat lanes when not needed... pray everyone has a safe trip this week!!!
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/12/17 10:25 PM

People will be parked up and down the road inside Hideaway Harbor during the event. They have 3 ramps there and most people just use 1 or 2 of them. If people would just turn their lights off the line will move 3 times as fast.

Good luck!
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 12:00 AM

2,600-2,700 average.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 01:56 AM

I think the flooding in Houston will effect his overall numbers this year. Pretty hard to tell the wife your going to fish the McDonald's when the house is still underwater.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 02:05 AM

This will definitely be the toughest tournament I've fished with everything going on in my life right now. But I'm really looking forward to it. Was on some good ones a week ago. We will see!
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 04:40 AM

Sinkey- When you are weighing in this weekend, I will be in the crowd waving a sign with this picture on it.

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 02:24 PM

roflmao
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 02:32 PM

May be down a little, I know some that just like to fish one day but fees went up $50 ea day, with the add ons I think it's like $185 per day.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 03:00 PM

nice ramp.. It will be used heavily though.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD
May be down a little, I know some that just like to fish one day but fees went up $50 ea day, with the add ons I think it's like $185 per day.

nope... same entry fee its been as long as I can remember
Posted By: CHUNK-N-WINDING

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 07:56 PM

Two years ago was my last one, I dropped my trolling motor from the ramp and headed around a point to go talk to my father before the tournament started (it was like 5 a.m.)and I noticed a boat about 75 yards out in the middle of the cove where a brush pile was that I knew of that I thought he was camped out over, granted this cove is 150 yards wide at its furthest point. As I rounded the corner he hollers out "hey are you blind" then grabs a buzz bait and hurls it toward my boat and it falls 20 yards short of my boat, he then reels it back in and hurls it even harder and I hear the bait take off for a second and comes to a bird nesting stop. Of course me laughing didn't help the situation but I have tournament fished all my life and am very respectful of others spots (unless its RedSkeeters spot) but this guy took the cake. I should have fired up the ole 250 SHO after that fiasco. Not again even though I have cashed a few checks in it.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 08:31 PM

I think the numbers will be down too.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 08:55 PM

That many people doesn't sound very fun ....... sounds like a great weekend to avoid Fork.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Estimates for BBS at Fork? - 09/13/17 08:56 PM

1000 Fishermen and 2000 Fools
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum