Texas Fishing Forum

Has this weather slowed the bite?

Posted By: BigHead248

Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/08/17 10:56 PM

I've fished Lewisville, Waxahachie, and Joe Pool, since this cool front hit. I was doing good on those lakes up until this front moved in. What's y'alls bite been like?
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/08/17 11:16 PM

I smoked them on Texoma today.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 01:53 AM

I fished on Pines Tuesday and it was slow. There was a front that came through Tuesday evening after I got off the lake. We've also read that the fishing has been tough on Fork lately. So, I'm not sure what the problem is......
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 01:59 AM

I have had my camper at Murvaul and the fishing has been tough the last 8 days.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 02:10 AM

It was cloudy for almost two weeks up until last weekend. Been lots of sunshine with hardly a cloud in the sky since Saturday.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 02:10 AM

Gonna head to Fairfield tomorrow.

....I'll let y'all know how it is on a hot water lake.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 02:18 PM

not at all
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 06:19 PM

I would think that with the consistently low temps at night and staying below 90 degrees for a while I think the fall pattern may start to kick in and get the fish shallower and a more consistent bite.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 06:31 PM

Caught 18-20 between first light and 9am or so. Then they went somewhere where I couldn't find them. I was bored by 11:30.

Maybe I'll try again this evening.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/09/17 07:02 PM

I had 12 in just a little while this morning all in under 6 ft of water. Yes, the cool nights are making a difference. Water was 79 with 2+ ft visibility, very light wind on Waco. Beautiful morning to be out there.
Posted By: RJACK81

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/11/17 06:59 PM

I only fished for a few hours Saturday, but did pretty well.
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/11/17 07:53 PM

Fished a tournament Saturday on Lake Travis. We caught probably 35-40 bass from 7am-330pm. They were definitely hungry and biting. Only 5 keepers though.
Posted By: Diaudioman

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/11/17 08:12 PM

Caught 7 good fish in 3.5 hours Sunday. With a 6.5 pounder to finish off the day.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/11/17 08:29 PM

I fished Ray Roberts Sunday and it does not have any fish in it. Main lake points, brush piles and rocks, nothing. Being only my second time on that lake. It was really clear. I will go out again next weekend and see if I can get revenge.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/11/17 09:20 PM

Well blue bird is usually tough especially with no wind, but the falling water temp can really turn them on. Fayette was on fire Yesterday.
Posted By: daddystog

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/12/17 03:13 PM

went Saturday with my son on one of our local lakes, found them in the creek arms but still holding on deep brush over ledges
we HAMMERED them, lost count of how many but it was almost every cast
IT'S ALMOST THAT TIME banana
Posted By: davidl

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/13/17 09:32 PM

I've heard stories about how good fishing is one of our local lakes. Haven't been able to figure out which one it is though.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Has this weather slowed the bite? - 09/14/17 12:44 PM

I haven't been out since dove season opened, but I did go Tuesday to JP. The lake looks like it is turning over, water clarity on the main lake was very bad, I caught a few slots but it was slow. I don't think it was the weather necessarily but the lake turning over is caused by the weather so in a way it is I suppose.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum