Texas Fishing Forum

SK Ocho......

Posted By: Fish2222

SK Ocho...... - 08/31/17 11:55 PM

Gonna give the 5" Ocho a try over the weekend.....A buddy of mine swears they'll catch 'em when other baits fail. I'll probably pitch it weightless TX Rig into the timber at Naconiche on Saturday, then go wacky style in flooded brush at Fork on Sunday.
Anyone out there that can confirm or deny my friends theory?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: SK Ocho...... - 08/31/17 11:57 PM

I throw them wacky often. They catch fish in all conditions, even dirty water.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: SK Ocho...... - 08/31/17 11:57 PM

They work, but they tear really easily.
Posted By: Badbasser

Re: SK Ocho...... - 09/01/17 03:40 AM

They do work well and will tear easily. BUT, if you tear off the head you can use it again, and then turn it around and use it again and again until nothing is left. It still catches fish even when its just a stump.
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: SK Ocho...... - 09/01/17 01:38 PM

I just fished through my first pack. I've been testing the various stick baits comparing them to the senko so I can save some money. The Ocho is a great bait. They are not as delicate as everyone says. They hold up pretty well imo.
Posted By: speedboat

Re: SK Ocho...... - 09/01/17 03:13 PM

I recommend the "Big Tex" color. And they hold up a little better than senkos IMO
Posted By: the skipper

Re: SK Ocho...... - 09/01/17 05:11 PM

They are better than senkos about getting more than one fish out of them. I prefer the Ocho wacky style and the senko Texas style.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: SK Ocho...... - 09/02/17 02:27 AM

I have some and like them but I like Yum dingers a little better as a yamamoto knock off. Your friend has confidence in them which is many times as important as anything. I don't think they fish any better than any other stickbait knockoff though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum