Texas Fishing Forum

Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites

Posted By: slim 285

Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 02:46 AM

He finished 104 in standings. Is he out?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 03:15 AM

If he wants back in he's in
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 10:38 AM

I think might qualify under the legend category, but I'm not sure
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 01:08 PM

He's in
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 04:35 PM

He should be in
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 04:48 PM

They can't kick out one of their cash cows.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/26/17 07:19 PM

I giggle in your general direction.
Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/27/17 01:07 PM

First let me say I know these guys are way better than me, but this is what drives me crazy about "pro" fishing. It's no different than a bass club with donors and sticks just with a much bigger entry fee at the ramp. Why no churn, why no going back to q school? Probably no real sponsorship of either tour; just passing a bigger glass jar around to the "pros".
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/27/17 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Simmonsdlwa
First let me say I know these guys are way better than me, but this is what drives me crazy about "pro" fishing. It's no different than a bass club with donors and sticks just with a much bigger entry fee at the ramp. Why no churn, why no going back to q school? Probably no real sponsorship of either tour; just passing a bigger glass jar around to the "pros".

Tell that to Carl Jocumsen.

Did you pay attention to last year? If your not in the top 70 then it goes back to your standings over a period of time. A number didn't requalify last year. New Qualifiers get 2 years to make the top 70 then they are out to requalify. More will be out this year.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/28/17 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

I think you are confusing the elites as FLW, BASS changed it a few years ago that the worst elite performers get kicked out and the top 15 BASS opens performers get invitations to fill their spot, like was said above Jocumsen got kicked to the curb last year with this new system.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/qualifiers-announced
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/28/17 04:15 PM

I was thinking this very topic the other day, been watching Shaw on MLF, he struggles most of the time.. Seems he's struggling on the Elites, no denying his greatness over time, was one of the best sight fisherman on the water once.. It's sux's getting old...
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Is Shaw Grigsby out of the Elites - 08/28/17 05:54 PM

He's alright I guess.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum