Texas Fishing Forum

Triton 100mph

Posted By: formula462

Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 05:48 PM

I don't know if he actually went 100 but my question is, where is that stretch of water?!
https://youtu.be/CqmUhMsqcRM
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 05:53 PM

I believe Florida, heard 109 or something like that.
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 05:55 PM

The 100+ is uneasy enough. Watch the video and check the play in the steering wheel.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 05:56 PM

It looks like a canal in Florida and also a great way to kill yourself. Very little margin for error especially when he "slowed down" to run through the bridge at 88 mph. Canal or open water there is nothing safe about that.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 06:16 PM

Looks like playing with video playback speed and he has it on Kmph instead of MPH. Though it does "sound" like a 300+hp motor.

Watching it again on my full screen rather than my cell phone, I withdraw my statement. Yes, sounds like a dyno'ed motor! I bet handling is crappy running that fast. laugh
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 06:58 PM

Can't fix stupid
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 07:53 PM

No thanks
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 07:59 PM

OK, so ?
Posted By: CypressTXBass

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:00 PM

I wonder... Is a bass boat without a trolling motor still a bass boat?
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

109 was in a Stroker on the same canal
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:07 PM

He can drive a boat, I been 82, that is too fast for me.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:16 PM

Imagine if a 12 ft gator decided to swim across OMG
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:24 PM

That is Brent Holbrook. He is a friend of mine. He has been 121 on that same stretch of Florida Rim Canal in a Lanier Catamaran Bass boat.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: MagFluker
Imagine if a 12 ft gator decided to swim across OMG

That's what I was thinking. If that is where I think it is and I think it is,(Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge) then a gator crossing would almost be inevitable.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:45 PM

I saw a brand new Skeeter tee bone a buoy on Fork one afternoon. Maybe he'll come on here and tell us about it... roflmao

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I saw a brand new Skeeter tee bone a buoy on Fork one afternoon. Maybe he'll come on here and tell us about it... roflmao

who won?
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 09:19 PM

That's just wrong....... smile
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 09:38 PM

He is well known on BBC, that guy knows how to drive!
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 10:08 PM

I'll never understand why people are all about squeezing performance out of THEIR boat but anybody with a faster boat is dumb and dangerous....
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/18/17 11:03 PM

From the looks of the motor cowling it appears to be an older 300 ProMax and I'm sure it's warmed over. As for his driving skills those center console bass boats are a little bit easier to control then a side console. I've never driven Triton's version but I have driven Bullets and Allisons with center consols, the chine walking is so much easier to control.
Back to the Tritons. Back in 97 I had the one of the very first ones built, a TR21PD. IIRC it was hull number 23 rigged with a Merc 3.0L 225EFI. Bone stock it with a 25" trophy prop it would run 76-77 with me and all my gear and a half tank of fuel. First winter I had it I took it back to the factory for some gelcoat work on the cap and met with Roark Summerford, the hull designer who also was the designer of STV hulls. Come to find out the first 25 or so hulls were laid up light to be dealer demos. According to their records my hull weighed 1270lbs. Yes the first year Tritons were a handfull to drive and they did some mods the pad to make it easier for the average boater to drive. Soon as my 1yr warranty expired I had G-Force marine add the second set of butterflys to the intake, added 300ProMax heads, relived the exhaust by drilling the liner and the midsection under the cavitation plate (frigging loud), solid motor mounts, a 6" jack plate and a Land&Sea nose cone with low water pickups. My best speeds with the trolling motor on, 3 batteries, all my tackle and fuel slinging a 29" Yamaha HP semiclever prop worked over by Tillmans propellers it would bang the rev limiter @ 88 mph. With my buddies 29" Hoss Triton prop off his Allison it would bump 89 but the acceleration sucked. With two people and full livewells it would still run 82-83. Was going to change the ECU to the 300ProMax's for the extra 400 rpm's but ran out of money. Don't know how much faster the extra rev's would have gotten me and ended up selling it a few years later thanks to a crazy ex-wife who kept me one pay check away from broke.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 12:05 AM

That same boat he bought from hydrotec. They had a sho on it that went over 100 then he bought it and put the 300 merc on it. The sho was a 200 too.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
That same boat he bought from hydrotec. They had a sho on it that went over 100 then he bought it and put the 300 merc on it. The sho was a 200 too.

Knowing HydroTec it may have started as a 200 but I'm betting it has a stage 111 kit on it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 01:12 AM

I had my ranger going 82 last week

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI

Down hill with a tail wind?
Posted By: Drodge

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111

On the trailer going down the high way?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Drodge

Yep, i20 headed to pk. That tundra can pull lol.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 02:12 AM

82mph right over the top of all that PK hydrilla?
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 02:47 AM

His graph game is weak
Posted By: CADD

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 03:17 AM

Get to the fish faster right? I think anything of about 55-60 is a bit scary
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

Knowing HydroTec it may have started as a 200 but I'm betting it has a stage 111 kit on it.

It may have had a "little" work to it. I know it was flashed. I heard something about camshaft and maybe heads. Lower unit of course. It's a bad mamajama
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 04:40 AM

Those center console tritons are BA... super fast hulls.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 04:43 AM

100mph? Screw that.
Posted By: Big Lunker

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 12:12 PM

If you want to see speed, go to an event when there are drag boat races. Now that's fast. On average they do 150 MPH in a quarter mile race. Exciting to watch if you never seen one. smile
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

No, 120 in White Knuckles........

Same guy different boat.

Posted By: Fish USA!

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 01:23 PM

i think someone was asking why so many top ends are being rebuilt
A mechanic chimed in it is due to running them open to much

oh well - get out the wallet

i agree 50-60 is about all i want to do but if i was younger i might.........

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

No, 120 in White Knuckles........

Same guy different boat.

Spoke to Brent yesterday after I saw this post. He is a great guy. He used to fish. LOL He still has his 20' Lanier Bass Boat (not the one in this video) and a Mod VP STV.

He used to have a 20' Lanier LCB bass boat with TWIN Merc 300X's on back. That was the rig that got my attention. It was bright yellow & purple.

Photobucket has made it so diff to post pix I don't post them any more but if someone wants to see it I will send the pic I have and you can post. ugh
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 03:26 PM

WHY !
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 04:01 PM

I hit 81 GPS in my TR21 one time. That was plenty fast for me. I'm to old for that stuff anymore.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:00 PM

I know some of you wonder why in the world would anybody want to go that fast in a boat of any kind. I feel the same way about guys that ride bulls, climb mountains, sky dive, noodle for catfish, handle live snakes, play chess, and a whole bunch of other things that people do for "fun."

I've owned five bass rigs that would run in excess of 100 mph including an Allison bass boat that would hit 115. It is a challenge and a thrill to be behind the wheel of a vee bottom boat at triple digit speed. Is it a little CRAZY to do it? You bet it is, BUT I would bet that every single one of you that frequent the TFF do something that somebody else would think is completely insane.

Don't be so close minded folks! One man's trash is another man's treasure. That what makes life interesting. thumb
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Drodge

Yep, i20 headed to pk. That tundra can pull lol.
What was it getting, about two miles to a gallon? L.O.L.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:09 PM

I use to work the booth for Fishin World Dallas every year at the Dallas boat show. And every year we would take an Allison bass boat or a Bullet that would run 90-100 mph. I would be standing beside the hotrod bass rig and observe a husband & wife approaching us.

Without fail the first question would come from the guy: "How fast will that thing run!??" I would launch into my speech about all the variables that affect the performance of the rig and then tell the man it would run 95 mph.

Without fail the second question would come from the lady: "Why would Anyone need to go 95 mph to catch a fish!??"

My response was always this: "Ma'am, it ain't got nothing to do with NEED. As a matter of fact this is a BOAT SHOW, there's nothing in the building that has anything to do with NEED"
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: T-racer
Those center console tritons are BA... super fast hulls.

200XP?

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:15 PM

I use to work the booth for Fishin World Dallas every year at the Dallas boat show. And every year we would take an Allison bass boat or a Bullet that would run 90-100 mph. I would be standing beside the hotrod bass rig and observe a husband & wife approaching us.

Without fail the first question would come from the guy: "How fast will that thing run!??" I would launch into my speech about all the variables that affect the performance of the rig and then tell the man it would run 95 mph.

Without fail the second question would come from the lady: "Why would Anyone need to go 95 mph to catch a fish!??"
My response was always this: "Ma'am, it ain't got nothing to do with NEED. As a matter of fact this is a BOAT SHOW, there's nothing in the building that has anything to do with NEED"

That was probably my wife Ken. I ended up with a cheap a$$ 18' Stratos with a 150 Merc. that rode like a log wagon on a gravel rode and wouldn't do 50mph with a trailing 20 mph wind. That boat ended up causing a divorce but wasn't long and I had a humdinger of a rig, lol.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:20 PM

I know some of you wonder why in the world would anybody want to go that fast in a boat of any kind. I feel the same way about guys that ride bulls, climb mountains, sky dive, noodle for catfish, handle live snakes, play chess, and a whole bunch of other things that people do for "fun."

I've owned five bass rigs that would run in excess of 100 mph including an Allison bass boat that would hit 115. It is a challenge and a thrill to be behind the wheel of a vee bottom boat at triple digit speed. Is it a little CRAZY to do it? You bet it is, BUT I would bet that every single one of you that frequent the TFF do something that somebody else would think is completely insane.

Don't be so close minded folks! One man's trash is another man's treasure. That what makes life interesting. thumb

This is very well said, I have been over a 140 in a Peterbilt I owned,1968 Z28 Chevy I owned and a 2003 1800 Honda. I believe a lot of people would think I am crazy to. My wife asked me why I didn't wear a helmet, I explained if I wrecked on a Honda at a 140 MPH I wouldn't want to live. LOL I am one of the many who have NO interest in running a 100 MPH in a boat, but to each his own. LOL

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:22 PM

Does riding a Harley 921 miles in one day count as crazy ? How 'bout 10 states in 6 days ? GUILTY

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Does riding a Harley 921 miles in one day count as crazy ? How 'bout 10 states in 6 days ? GUILTY

YES!! roflmao

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/19/17 10:52 PM

YES!! roflmao

Thanks Ken for the acknowledgement. laugh I've made over 8 rides of at least 3000 miles and the closest I've come to danger was less than a mile from my house. It's not where, it's when so stay alert and keep your filthy eyes on the road ( water ) ahead. thumb

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/20/17 05:18 PM

YES!! roflmao

Thanks Ken for the acknowledgement. laugh I've made over 8 rides of at least 3000 miles and the closest I've come to danger was less than a mile from my house. It's not where, it's when so stay alert and keep your filthy eyes on the road ( water ) ahead. thumb

I've owned three big road bikes all over 1100cc's. I'm done with them too. I rode one 27K miles in one year. It's kind of like playing Russian roulette though. It is not IF you will crash, It is WHEN you will crash. I would feel much safer in my old Allison at 115 than riding to Tom Thumb on my old Yamaha.

But there again, it is all about perceptions. You could not pay me to get back on the street on a bike. sarcastic
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 12:54 AM

eeks

those chains leave a mark bolt
Posted By: Robert lv Jones

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 01:38 AM

That's too dangerous for me.
Posted By: Fish'n Addict

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 01:52 AM

Faster than a car?
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 01:51 PM

Is BASS going to have the Split Tournaments again. Fishing on day 1 and Boat Racing on Day 2???? roflmao
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 04:52 PM

Use to do go fast boats back in the day and now 73mph in the bug is good enough for me.

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 04:58 PM

They need to up the max HP in tournaments to 300
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 07:15 PM

Catch more fish that way.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Triton 100mph - 08/21/17 07:25 PM

I won't lie, If my cat would run 100 I would do it in a heart beat
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum