Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing around Kingwood/Porter/Humble... any good spots?

Posted By: aalex.ander

Fishing around Kingwood/Porter/Humble... any good spots? - 08/17/17 04:13 AM

I'm a newbie at fishing and i was wondering if you guys knew some good spots for fishing that don't require a boat or something like that near the Humble/Kingwood area:)
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Fishing around Kingwood/Porter/Humble... any good spots? - 08/17/17 05:10 AM

There is a google map that gets updated regularly in the Bank Fishing topic here...
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Fishing around Kingwood/Porter/Humble... any good spots? - 08/17/17 01:45 PM

KW resident here. Not a lot of bank fishing ops around here. Having lived here since 06 after going to high school in the area ( graduated 1990) best fishing we ever had around here was at the golf courses, Spring/Cypress creeks from Dec-Mar ( white bass run, which gets smaller every year). Dont waste your time fishing under 59, full of snags and deceivingly shallow. Right there at 59 and the SanJac, Harris County will be building a park there, got this from JJones personnel. They purchased the land, just no plans for what they will put in. I am pushing for a kayak launcher, but anything they put there they have to be willing to lose in any flood. There ARE fish in the river, just hard to find and not consistent whatsoever. If you want to fish L Houston, its crappie or catfish. I chase bass with a lot of frustration. If you want to see bass, go to LHAC tourney next month, 2nd Sat. This last month 14 won it but lots of 5 fish limits less than 9 lbs. Look up Anglers Quest too and go to a weigh in for one of theirs as well. Season is ending for both and they are fishing for a little cash. It will blow you away that these guys, who KNOW what they are doing and you wont see a bag over 18 and maybe 1 fish over 4.5. PM me if you want any more info
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum