Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Murray, OK

Posted By: GriddleGrizzly

Lake Murray, OK - 08/16/17 02:04 AM

Heading up to Lake Murray next week for a few days and wanted to see if anyones been up that way recently. Hoping to stick some smallmouth. Also if anyone could point me in the direction of a hotel that will accommodate a truck, boat, charging, etc, i would really appreciate it.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/16/17 07:18 PM

There are several good ones in Ardmore. I like the Hilton Garden Inn. I have diamond status with Hilton, they allow me to park my boat outside the front door. There are cabins at the lake as well.

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/16/17 07:41 PM

Thanks, i'll check them out
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/16/17 11:07 PM

Fish midlake and south if you are wanting to catch numbers of smallies. Topwater early on points, then move deeper(15-20ft) with a drop shot, tube, finesse jig and shakey head.

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/16/17 11:16 PM

Thanks man. That was the direction i was leaning towards. Any heavy-duty smallies mixed in with the numbers?
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/17/17 01:37 PM

Not really, they are stream strain smallies. Kind of the difference between northern LM & Florida-strain. That's the way I understand it. It's a fun lake though!

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/17/17 02:32 PM

Oh yeah it'll still be fun! Hopefully i can find a huge wad of em.
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Lake Murray, OK - 08/17/17 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: GriddleGrizzly
Thanks man. That was the direction i was leaning towards. Any heavy-duty smallies mixed in with the numbers?

Chances of catching a big smallie(4+)on Murray aren't real good. This time of the year there are lots of 10-14 inch fish, with an occasional bigger one. In the fall and spring, you'll catch more 2-2.5 pound smallies.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum