Texas Fishing Forum

Funny story

Posted By: RickS

Funny story - 08/14/17 09:15 PM

This actually happened a few weeks ago.I was fishing in my bass boat in the afternoon one day. Went to pull trolling motor out of the water and it won't budge. Looked like the release pins where releasing but it wouldn't come up.So I moved the rods out of the way and pulled the rope and managed to get my other hand on the top bracket and gave it all I had. It finally came up and the two contact surfaces looked like they were glued together. I'm trying to figure who would do such a thing!!??? Boat is immediately covered when I get home from fishing.So I got a screw driver and got as much as I could off(adhesive) and continued fishing.The following weekend same thing happens.Obviously I haven't taken the time to look at the situation. Well this past weekend before I hooked up the boat,I took a look at the trolling motor.Turns out my transducer mounted on the bottom of my trolling motor is leaking this goop that I thought was glue! Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Funny story - 08/14/17 10:27 PM

I've never seen that but I have heard of water getting in them. Like the humminbird 360.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum