Texas Fishing Forum

Best FLurocarbon for castability

Posted By: Ibock

Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/12/17 03:05 PM

Best 20 pound fluorocarbon for price and cast ability?

Best 20 pound Fluorocarbon for the price that has great cast ability. I need 20 pounds because I fish a lot of ponds with pretty thick vegetation but fall is right around the corner and those weeds will die down. These ponds usually are highly fished
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/12/17 03:24 PM

Not bagging on ya bro but....

If you go back thru the other six threads you started on Fluorocarbon you will see which one everybody thinks has the best qualities.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/12/17 05:40 PM

Big game in the ponds. Or get flouroclear.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/12/17 05:43 PM

wanted a few more opinions and its been at least a month since my last post
Posted By: N7Bassin

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/12/17 07:56 PM

Isaiah, I'm fishing ponds 98% of the time I'm fishing. I fish a lot of ponds that have grass mats as well. Take it from me, you don't need 20Lb. The reason I say this is is because grass doesn't destroy your line like wood. If you are FLIPPING heavy grass then maybe go 20, but if you just want the best cast ability and strength, go 16Lb sunlime sniper. Trust me for ponds.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/12/17 08:43 PM

The ponds have big bass. I swim a jig most of the time. I know a lot of people say it doesn't matter if its a fast moving bait and when the fish are aggressive I agree but I also will Carolina rig on these hot summer days and I just don't believe line visibility doesn't play a factor in fishing. Now if I am out at Fork yes I will be throwing braid. The 50 pound braid is like rope to me
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/13/17 12:45 AM

Sunline
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/13/17 12:58 AM

Sniper 20lb is great line
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/13/17 02:01 AM

Vanish, nuff said.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/14/17 01:55 AM

If you are fishing thick vegetation you don't need fluorocarbon line. Use either braid or a co-polymer line. I would choose 15 or 17# text P-Line CXX if you choose not to use braid. It has very little stretch and is very strong.

Most 50# braided lines are the same diameter of 15# test mono. so going to 20# Fluorocarbon line could be even thicker depending on which one you choose. They vary in thickness from brand to brand.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/14/17 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
Vanish, nuff said.

So true....that is all that should be said about Vanish. I can't believe anyone still uses this junk.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/14/17 07:38 PM

I also fish a lot of ponds that get thrown at a lot and I do believe this fiah can see it. Do they care? I don't know but I would like to compare.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/14/17 11:28 PM

Well they certainly can see all the wires on an Alabama rig and they still hit the swim baits attached to it.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/14/17 11:35 PM

Any brand of line in 20lb is gonna be stiff and hard to cast. But if you want the best, I suggest you try Sunline Sniper or Shooter.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Vanish, nuff said.

So true....that is all that should be said about Vanish. I can't believe anyone still uses this junk.

Haha same here. Why not just get a couple spools of some good name brand stuff and respool with new stuff pretty often. You will find one you like. I like invisx
Posted By: Kyhokie

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 01:37 AM

If price is a factor, red label isn't terrible. I personally like copoly. Yo zuri hybrid 20lb is nice. By the way, the guys are right you don't need 20lb flouro in a pond.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 05:07 PM

Seaguar InvisX hands down. Great strength, and has low line memory which makes for great casting. Its a bit pricey but it's top of the line. Seaguar Red Label is half the price and is good too, but will have a lot more line memory than InvisX does. Really depends how much you're willing to spend for it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 05:19 PM

Seaguar Tatsu is the best, hands down. But it's not the cheapest.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Vanish, nuff said.

Haha same here. Why not just get a couple spools of some good name brand stuff and respool with new stuff pretty often. You will find one you like. I like invisx

Clearly you two lack skills.

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 06:02 PM

Clearly I don't buy junk fluorocarbon line. I would put Invizx against Vanish ANY DAY.
Posted By: N7Bassin

Re: Best FLurocarbon for castability - 08/15/17 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Isaiah Bock
The ponds have big bass. I swim a jig most of the time. I know a lot of people say it doesn't matter if its a fast moving bait and when the fish are aggressive I agree but I also will Carolina rig on these hot summer days and I just don't believe line visibility doesn't play a factor in fishing. Now if I am out at Fork yes I will be throwing braid. The 50 pound braid is like rope to me

My personal best bass 6.51 was caught on 8lb Sunline Sniper...my opinion still stands. 20lb is a little overkill for a pond with only grass. Plus lighter line is gonna sink faster, and you'll need that control with baits such as swimjigs. I recommend 16lb Sunline sniper.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum