Texas Fishing Forum

Boat lanes on Toledo Bend

Posted By: slim 285

Boat lanes on Toledo Bend - 08/12/17 12:43 PM

Are the lanes on navonics chip more accurate than the Lance Vick chip. There is discrepancies on the two ..
Posted By: Steve PIII

Re: Boat lanes on Toledo Bend - 08/12/17 07:41 PM

I have the Lance Vick Boat Lanes for Fork and Rayburn, and I have a couple of older Navionics maps, and based on those two lakes, I would trust Lance Vick. But to be sure, I would go out on the lake and compare. Shouldn't be hard.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Boat lanes on Toledo Bend - 08/12/17 09:11 PM

Some of the buoys are different than where there are marked on both chips
Posted By: Steve PIII

Re: Boat lanes on Toledo Bend - 08/12/17 10:36 PM

Floating buoys move around a little over time. If Lance's chip has trails he ran, I would consider those more accurate. Otherwise, try to go with someone that knows or use your best judgement.
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Boat lanes on Toledo Bend - 08/15/17 12:20 PM

The boat lanes are pretty accurate on the Navionics card, but as said above some buoys do move around from time to time. Also, the only boat lanes that are going to show on the Navionics card are officially marked lanes, most of all the little boat lanes that cut off the main runs(example: 944 in the back of housen) will not be shown on the Navionics card, but probably will on the Lance Vick card.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Boat lanes on Toledo Bend - 08/15/17 01:25 PM

Navionics is spot on in my opinion for toledo. Sure there are some lanes that are not marked, and many do not know.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum