Texas Fishing Forum

Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn

Posted By: TFF Staff 3

Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/10/17 01:50 PM

Posted By: bassinassassin

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/10/17 09:17 PM

wish I could be there, awesome stuff guys
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/10/17 10:03 PM

The offerings of donation, labor, food, etc has been tremendous! The fishing community really comes together when there's one of us in need.

We also have an online auction planned along with a live auction. Everyone knows it's hard to schedule a tournament on Rayburn without conflicting with something else. We did the best we could, but we still fell on top of the TTZ Championship. (Check this part out) TTZ contacted us and I expected them to be a little upset that we scheduled on top of their event. Yes, there were a little disappointed that we couldn't make it work, but they mainly called to see how they could help! After some discussion, they generously offered to allow all of the teams that enter this tournament to come eat at their banquet at the Umphrey Pavilion on Saturday night. They were originally prepared to feed 200 people and now they are willing to up that number to 400, 500, ???? Thank you, TTZ! That is awesome of you guys! That is where the live auction will also take place.

If you are interested in being a sponsor or donating, please contact myself or Riki Pike.

Clint Wade (817) 235-9570
Riki Pike (409) 656-0397
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/13/17 06:23 PM

Great job guys! I'm going to try and make this one
Posted By: Texas Tournament Zone

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/15/17 03:03 AM

Our pleasure!! TTZ got in touch with Riki after we saw this event was being held on the same date and lake as the TTZ Championship. We wanted to see what TTZ could do to help out. Since we first talked we've gotten Skeeter involved as well and they plan on cooking up for everybody on Friday night. So we invited guys from both events to come over for some free food and to register early. TTZ is also having a Calcutta Friday night and we are donating 20% to the fund raising efforts for Justin. It's the least we can do, we wanted to help out since we were in town already. You fellas can enjoy a couple free meals from TTZ on Saturday night at the Auction and Skeeter on Friday night early registration. Both dinners will be held at the TTZ location at Umphreys Pavilion. Most importantly we can raise some money for a beloved member of our fishing community, let's all have a great weekend on the water!

Thank you,

The TTZ Team
http://ttz1.com/

Posted By: Bryan O'

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/15/17 07:17 PM

I really hate to miss this event. But we have a family event we can't miss. So, RO519, his mom and I decided we are going to sponsor a couple of teams to the event. We are going to pay the entry for an Aggie Angler team, and a team from the Sam Houston State Bass Fishing Team. As said above, Justin is a former National Champion in college, so why not get out some of the college teams in this tournament just to make it more interesting.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 08/16/17 01:39 PM

Way to go TTZ, that's class right there. thumb
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/03/17 08:23 AM

I don't get on here often but glad y'all are helping a good friend of mine out. We were able to raise a little over $300,000 for him through YouTube but I don't believe that is going to be enough. After his insurance ended up being fake he is getting stuck with a hefty bill but thats a massive mess in itself. Thought I'd come on and say thank you to y'all for helping the guy out.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/05/17 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: LunkersTV
I don't get on here often but glad y'all are helping a good friend of mine out. We were able to raise a little over $300,000 for him through YouTube but I don't believe that is going to be enough. After his insurance ended up being fake he is getting stuck with a hefty bill but thats a massive mess in itself. Thought I'd come on and say thank you to y'all for helping the guy out.

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/05/17 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

I believe Lunkers is in Africa right now so I doubt he will be able to respond any time soon.

If you go to You Tube and look at some of Justins first videos after he learned of the tumor he kind of touches on the fake insurance deal in them. I don't even want to try and explain it because I am sure I will get it wrong but his channel is Lake Fork Guy if you want to take a look.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 04:37 PM

I wish Justin the best, and I honestly think he will be fine. I have a few friends with benign tumors in their brain and they are normally treated with steroids. I hope thats his prognosis as well. But.....I just watched a few of his videos. And I personally don't think it looks good at all claiming fake insurance and asking for help, then basically traveling the world fishing while people are raising money for you. I mean, he just got back from Florida, now heading to Mexico and then the Amazon. Those are pretty pricey trips. I would think if his bills are as big as Lunkers say, every nickel and dime would go to those.
I think people in Spring and Houston area need more of a help than this situation.
Posted By: Drodge

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey

I wish Justin the best, and I honestly think he will be fine. I have a few friends with benign tumors in their brain and they are normally treated with steroids. I hope thats his prognosis as well. But.....I just watched a few of his videos. And I personally don't think it looks good at all claiming fake insurance and asking for help, then basically traveling the world fishing while people are raising money for you. I mean, he just got back from Florida, now heading to Mexico and then the Amazon. Those are pretty pricey trips. I would think if his bills are as big as Lunkers say, every nickel and dime would go to those.
I think people in Spring and Houston area need more of a help than this situation.

Well he has to make videos to make money as that's his job. Maybe he should just video himself sitting on the couch. I bet that would get tons of views. I'm pretty sure he's also trying to live life to the fullest and had these trips planned before the tumor. Who knows what the outcome will be after the surgery. I can't really blame a guy wanting to fulfill a dream before he gets his head cut open and brain cut on.
Posted By: TylersReelFishing

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Drodge
Originally Posted By: Sinkey

Well he has to make videos to make money as that's his job. Maybe he should just video himself sitting on the couch. I bet that would get tons of views. I'm pretty sure he's also trying to live life to the fullest and had these trips planned before the tumor. Who knows what the outcome will be after the surgery. I can't really blame a guy wanting to fulfill a dream before he gets his head cut open and brain cut on.

Bingo. It's our job as YouTubers to create content and if I was in Justin's shoes I would want to fulfill some of my life's biggest dreams. I assume these trips are also paid for by sponsors so he isn't wasting any money that he saved for his surgery. Don't bash someone over the internet without understanding who they are and the motives for their decisions
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 08:44 PM

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

I'm wondering the same thing. What is fake insurance?

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 09:01 PM

The last couple posts are correct. Justin is continuing to work. I know it's hard to realize that making videos and uploading to YouTube will actually make you money, but it does. The trips you are seeing him on right now are indeed paid for by sponsors, and he's filming as he goes. He then edits it and uploads to YouTube. Really in truly, it's a win-win. I don't wanna act like this is near the end, but when you get the news like Justin recently received, I'm sure you begin living a little more than you did the day before. In Justin's case, he's fortunate enough to be able to earn money while going on trips of a lifetime.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

Condensed version from his videos.

After the diagnosis they began calling their insurance and kept getting redirected to another number/office. After doing this several times and bouncing back and forth they realized they had been scammed. The other numbers they were calling said they received those calls often and were not associated with that company.

I am sure there was more information that what was edited into his videos.

Posted By: Brent S

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
Originally Posted By: Brent S

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

Condensed version from his videos.

After the diagnosis they began calling their insurance and kept getting redirected to another number/office. After doing this several times and bouncing back and forth they realized they had been scammed. The other numbers they were calling said they received those calls often and were not associated with that company.

I am sure there was more information that what was edited into his videos.

Is he filing a lawsuit with company?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/06/17 10:04 PM

I've never heard of fake insurance. I'd like to know the provider to stay clear of them.
Posted By: Blackhill

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/08/17 01:04 PM

New flash, 95% of all medical insurance these days are fake. We pay more than our mortgage payment every month for insurance and they hardly cover much. Really very aggravating, couldn't imagine having to deal with what Justin had to deal with. He's a good egg. Prayers up for ya bud, and where is my video from the first day of the international tournament. Got to work early, cup of coffee and no video...... lol
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/08/17 03:51 PM

Back to topic. Is the benefit tourney still on?

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/08/17 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008
Back to topic. Is the benefit tourney still on?

Yes sir, it is still on.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/15/17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackhill
New flash, 95% of all medical insurance these days are fake. We pay more than our mortgage payment every month for insurance and they hardly cover much. Really very aggravating, couldn't imagine having to deal with what Justin had to deal with. He's a good egg. Prayers up for ya bud, and where is my video from the first day of the international tournament. Got to work early, cup of coffee and no video...... lol

Hmmm, 95% fake? Interesting. I guess I need to do my research.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/19/17 02:09 PM

What's the boat count for Justin's tourny?

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/19/17 04:36 PM

As of now, we have 8 pre-entered. Don't let that scare you off. We never have a lot of teams enter early. They all wait until Thursday night or Friday to enter online then about half enter the morning of the tournament.

I expect about 50-60 entries. We are going to have a lot of giveaways such as Lake Fork Tackle packs, rods & reels, etc.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/19/17 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

As of now, we have 8 pre-entered. Don't let that scare you off. We never have a lot of teams enter early. They all wait until Thursday night or Friday to enter online then about half enter the morning of the tournament.

I expect about 50-60 entries. We are going to have a lot of giveaways such as Lake Fork Tackle packs, rods & reels, etc.

That's good to hear. I've never met Justin, but he seems like a great guy and very deserving of any support he and his wife can get.
Posted By: Texas Tournament Zone

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/19/17 05:55 PM

Looking forward to seeing yall come over Friday and Saturday night, free food from TTZ and Skeeter. Hope everybody has a good time on the water this weekend!

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn - 09/25/17 04:21 AM

Thank you to everyone that came out and fished in the tournament. At the end of the night Saturday after the tournament, live auction and calcutta, Justin and his wife, Stephanie went home with between $4500 and $5000.

A big THANK YOU to Tri Lakes Tackle, Perfect Pest Control, Tackle Addict, Lake Fork Tackle, Favorite Fishing, Wildlife Outfitters and Mystery Tackle Box for your donations to make it a great event for everyone. A special THANK YOU to Riki Pike and Steve Phillips for being the two guys that put the deal together and got out and hustled donations.

And finally, a very big THANK YOU to the team at TTZ and their fishermen. They included every one of us, our fishermen included, in both Friday and Saturday nights' meals and ultimately were responsible for about half of the money given to Justin and his family. We appreciate you guys going above and beyond.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum