Texas Fishing Forum

Gander Mountain

Posted By: joebass2

Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 05:23 PM

What's the latest on Gander Mountain. Have they started any real discounts yet?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 05:40 PM

If that's what you call a Discount.
Posted By: SeaAggie2015

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 06:07 PM

Gander Mountain in Tyler Tx has been having a "going out of business" sale since last week. The entire store was 30-70% off. It was quite picked through by the time I got there but still had some deals going. I imagine other locations will soon follow suite.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 06:11 PM

It's actually been "on clearance" for months
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 06:16 PM

Their "clearance" pricing is equal to or higher than Academy, lol
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 06:39 PM

There are some deals to be had but I would keep your phone handy to price match with Academy.
Posted By: David Rush

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 07:18 PM

A lot of good stuff picked over, but I did find a few things.
Posted By: ChampionOwner

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 09:09 PM

I found some rods I use that are regularly $170 for $105...I was happy.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 10:54 PM

I walked into the Lewisville store a couple weeks ago, walked out with a SK 1.5 and 2 bottles of Slick Mist. I was just trying to spend money in there, pretty much picked over, I completely forgot to walk over to the gun counter (biggest counter I've ever seen) when is the Lewisville store close?
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/08/17 11:02 PM

Lubbock's is already closed. They sold everything, including benches and display shelving.

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/09/17 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
It's actually been "on clearance" for months

Same here in Houston.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/09/17 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: SeaAggie2015
Gander Mountain in Tyler Tx has been having a "going out of business" sale since last week. The entire store was 30-70% off. It was quite picked through by the time I got there but still had some deals going. I imagine other locations will soon follow suite.

Everything I checked the price on was 30-70% off which made it MSRP on the sale price! rolleyes
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/09/17 01:04 AM

I have done good at the Lewisville store the last couple of weeks, just have to pick and choose for the best deals. Deepest discounts were in archery and black powder, got a nice crossbow, arrows and broadheads for way less than anywhere else even on sale. Stocked up on black powder and bullets too.

Best deal was on a used stainless Sako 75 .300 WSM rifle with a Zeiss scope (the good German model) mounted on it, gun needed a thorough cleaning and new recoil pad but cleaned up nicely. They said they thought scope had an issue with fogging/clarity so I called Zeiss and they said it would be covered under warranty even though I wasn't the original owner so I bought the combo for $799! Zeiss is now checking/repairing the scope (scope was $2699 new retail price).

They also had some St. Croix fly rods marked down to $59 so I grabbed them...
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/09/17 02:17 AM

The Ft Worth store has almost a full line of Kistler Argo series still remaining for nearly half off sticker. I have never used them, but have used Kistler. They all look really good and was debating on picking up some. Anyone fish with them? from my understanding is they were discontinued, but from what I see they are very similar to Falcon Low Rider series. $100 for quality rods seems pretty good
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/09/17 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekhead
The Ft Worth store has almost a full line of Kistler Argo series still remaining for nearly half off sticker. I have never used them, but have used Kistler. They all look really good and was debating on picking up some. Anyone fish with them? from my understanding is they were discontinued, but from what I see they are very similar to Falcon Low Rider series. $100 for quality rods seems pretty good

I have a few of the Argon series. I like them as much as the Mag 2s I have.
If they were discontinued it was only recently. I picked up two on sale at Gander for 50% off, a very good deal.
Posted By: Jiff7210

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/10/17 01:10 PM

I stopped at the one in Amarillo last week. They have everything a certain % off. I was highly unimpressed. Most of the discounts come out to regular price once you do the math. Like others have said, everything was picked pretty clean of the good stuff.
Posted By: Joey J.

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/10/17 03:40 PM

I found two bags of "no longer produced" Lake Fork Tackle craw tubes. Priceless
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/10/17 03:44 PM

Sombody must had them hid. LOL
Posted By: bulletbass

Re: Gander Mountain - 08/10/17 05:10 PM

Fishing stuff Firsco store - Last week I ran across one of the managers changing prices and asked what are you going to do with all the stuff that does not sale. Do you just ship it off somewhere. His reply well in the next two weeks everything is going to 90% off.He said once that happens stuff starts flying off the shelfs. I predict in the next few days they are really going to sharply increase the discound %.

I live a block away and go in to see if the prices change daily.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum