Texas Fishing Forum

He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass

Posted By: Chasin'Bass

He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/03/17 04:11 PM

Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/03/17 08:53 PM

That kid is a stick! Great video! Did you end up having to fizz that 7?
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/03/17 11:59 PM

Great job on the video
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/04/17 01:22 AM

You should can the "what's going on YouTube"
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/04/17 01:44 AM

Enjoyed. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/04/17 05:00 AM

You took a 7 pounder to a tournament you were not in to get it weighed? I didn't watch the entire video but wth man... it's a 7 pounder.....

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaguar6
That kid is a stick! Great video! Did you end up having to fizz that 7?

I didn't have to fizz it. when I put her back in the water she swam off so I think she was good.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Brown
Great job on the video

Thank you.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:36 AM

[quote=Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)]You should can the "what's going on YouTube" [/quote

I think most people like it.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

Your welcome & glad you liked it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper

Plus #1. cheers
Posted By: ilikebigguts

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
You took a 7 pounder to a tournament you were not in to get it weighed? I didn't watch the entire video but wth man... it's a 7 pounder.....

better than calling it a 10 like some of the most beloved folks in the fishing world, including Texas and including the beloved lake fork guide community would!!! his fish, legal to retain, verified a weight and released, seems good to me and thanks for being honest chase!

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:45 AM

My scales weren't working & I wanted to know how big she was instead of just guessing because if I would have done that there would be those people saying that fish didn't weigh that much plus Glenn is a friend of mine & he didn't mind.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 01:42 PM

I hope one day I can get to the point where it ain't no thang to drop a 7.
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Chasin'Bass
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

I don't like it
Posted By: Barrett

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Crankalot
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

I don't like it

lol. You and the rest of TFF roflmao
Posted By: ColoradoAg

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 07:30 PM

I'm gonna start bringing catfish in to be weighed at some tournaments. No big deal man.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K

Wait till it ain't no thing for 8-9 lbers, and now for me a 10 isn't huge but still fun to catch.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite

Wait till it ain't no thing for 8-9 lbers, and now for me a 10 isn't huge but still fun to catch.

Heck ya!! 10 pounders all day : grin

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Heck ya!! 10 pounders all day : grin

When you live on a lake that for several years has quite a few of them and even bigger and your on the lake everyday you catch quite a few!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chasin'Bass
[quote=Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)]You should can the "what's going on YouTube" [/quote

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 08:42 PM

roflmao

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ColoradoAg

I'm gonna start bringing catfish in to be weighed at some tournaments. No big deal man.

The tournament wasn't even started yet still had about 1hr before it started & no-one was there yet.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 09:03 PM

[quote=21xs Elite]
Wait till it ain't no thing for 8-9 lbers, and now for me a 10 isn't huge but still fun to catch. [/quote

How many 8,9 & 10lbers have you caught this year?

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 09:07 PM

[quote=21xs Elite]
Wait till it ain't no thing for 8-9 lbers, and now for me a 10 isn't huge but still fun to catch. [/quote

9or 10 over 10 and I don't keep count of the others. Little slower this year than last, had a game Warden in the boat with me last summer and had 13 over 10 in an hour, three of them over 11 and the biggest 12.78. Been a decent summer, most evenings I'm catching 28-30 lbs and mix in a day or two here and there 35ish lbs. then you have days Ivie will kick your arse.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 10:00 PM

[quote=21xs Elite]

9or 10 over 10 and I don't keep count of the others. Little slower this year than last, had a game Warden in the boat with me last summer and had 13 over 10 in an hour, three of them over 11 and the biggest 12.78. Been a decent summer, most evenings I'm catching 28-30 lbs and mix in a day or two here and there 35ish lbs. then you have days Ivie will kick your arse.

Im not talking about inches LOL roflmao Just kidding. Are you fishing public waters or private?

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 10:01 PM

OH Ivie
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 10:13 PM

[quote=21xs Elite]

Sweet baby jesus, take me fishing.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 10:24 PM

It helps when your on the lake nearly everyday, you figure things out pretty quick. A lot of people's struggle over here and it kicks my arse as well at times and there's a lot better fisherman over than me. Lots of time on the water is all it is.
Posted By: redmojo

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/05/17 10:42 PM

[quote=21xs Elite]

I would like to see pics of this day...13 0ver 10lbs in an hour?
Posted By: ilikebigguts

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 02:31 AM

[quote=21xs Elite]

talk about worthless without pics, 10 over 10 in a year, have they caught that many out of Camelot bell this year????
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 02:37 AM

RIP O H IVIE
Posted By: mudd

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 02:41 AM

I think someone is drunk posting again
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 03:00 AM

13 over 10 in an hour... roflmao roflmao roflmao
I think you are FOS!

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 03:22 AM

Yup, I'm FOS all the fish are dead. Golden algae killed all of them, it's the Dead Sea and has been taken over by pleasure boaters.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
13 over 10 in an hour... roflmao roflmao roflmao
I think you are FOS!

True story fellas. Don't hate. Participate
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 02:54 PM

13 over 10 in an hour...

Meh...
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 07:30 PM

You don't like it then move on nobody asked for you guys opinion!
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 09:05 PM

That's a 10 lber every 4.6153846 minutes, impressive, must be a record somewhere.
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: InTheClear
That's a 10 lber every 4.6153846 minutes, impressive, must be a record somewhere.

Wheres the ChassinBass "Hello You Tubers" video of that?
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 10:48 PM

I normally don't call out fish stories, but I too would like to see the 13+ over 10lbs pics smirk
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 10:53 PM

On the right spot that's a possibility on Ivie. I've never had that kind of day but I do know there are spots on that lake where 40 pounds in an hour are possible, and Chance spends as much time on that lake as anyone. I consider myself a fair stick on Ivie and I'll attest to the sheer number of big fish on that lake and how they tend to stack up with each other. I believe it was, and correct me if I am wrong, Jeff Walker who stuck and 11 and a 9 on one cast on a Plunker there. It's a magical lake that will humble the best of fisherman.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 11:06 PM

popcorn2 never know what you are gonna get when you click on a chasinbass thread lol.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 11:33 PM

Don't believe everything you read on the internet boys and girls...especially from fishermans

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/06/17 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Josh Seale
On the right spot that's a possibility on Ivie. I've never had that kind of day but I do know there are spots on that lake where 40 pounds in an hour are possible, and Chance spends as much time on that lake as anyone. I consider myself a fair stick on Ivie and I'll attest to the sheer number of big fish on that lake and how they tend to stack up with each other. I believe it was, and correct me if I am wrong, Jeff Walker who stuck and 11 and a 9 on one cast on a Plunker there. It's a magical lake that will humble the best of fisherman.

You are correct Josh I netted those fish and the nine was closer to ten, we had a 50lb evening. When they Wolfpack up and you get on them it's one after another and they are big but then they can humble you for a week or longer afterwards.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:04 AM

Pics or it didn't happen.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
13 over 10 in an hour...

Meh...

Meh too.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:31 AM

I'll see if Jeff still has the pic, it was at least five years ago. The fish are hooked and still in the net laying on the deck of the boat. The nine was actually hooked in the belly.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:48 AM

I remembering hearing about that double up. That lake is a special place that's for sure
Posted By: junk baits

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:48 AM

popcorn2
Now drinkin,
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
popcorn2 never know what you are gonna get when you click on a chasinbass thread lol.

roflmao
Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:15 AM

This is a little over the top.... hahahah just a little!!
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:59 AM

Call me crazy but I'd put Ivie up against Fork any day of the week.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 04:22 AM

21xs Elite do you have pics of your ten 10lbers in 1 hour? I know if I did that I would have proof.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:49 PM

Very nice video - well done!
Posted By: Brad R

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 12:54 PM

I recalled seeing this video several years ago, found it, and it is worth a look: a trip to Ivie where the guys had an experience they think they might never duplicate.

Anyway, it sort of confirms there are some really big fish out there!

Brad

Ivie Huge Day

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 01:09 PM

21xs Elite do you have pics of your ten 10lbers in 1 hour? I know if I did that I would have proof.

Not to burst ou bubble but having cameras all over the place is a relatively new deal, for years we didn't have one in boat. Only one now is on phone. Now as to ivie over the years there have been all kinds of big fish caught. I know a guy at caught a 10.5 and a 12 on back to back casts. He called me and I met him with scale on lake as he didn't have one. I cant speak to the validity of 13 10s in an hour, 21xs is a real good stick who knows that lake as good as anyone and I suspect he isn't FOS. They group up on that lake pretty good and in its prime lots of stuff similar happened out there. But again we weren't all strapped up with Chesties or whatever the hell you call it.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 01:18 PM

Come on WAWI, go ahead and admit it...... you have a chestie or chesty
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 01:24 PM

Trip is booked and I'm headed right straight toward donkey point!!

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Come on WAWI, go ahead and admit it...... you have a chestie or chesty now

Nope, to my knowledge the guy that I mentioned that caught doubles digits on back to back casts out there didn't have a camera, I caught some big ones out there and didn't take picks, I remember a local at a big bass hourly deal with a live well full of big fish at about 9 am waiting the hours out, taking in one at a time. I suspect he didn't take time to pose for fish pics. I bet Stoker and Stone didnt break out cameras for every big fish when they put that beat down on a champs field in about 20 minutes lol. Again I wasn't there when 21 xs did this but I will say that if something like that happened on ivie it would not suprise me.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 01:55 PM

I had the same experience with a good day during a KGKL. Went in at the end of the first hour with 3 in the livewell; each just ounces under 9 lbs.. Weighed in one at the end of the hour and one at the beginning of the second hour. It was drizzling rain and the Spook was working. Ran back and forth all day up the Colo. River. I weighed in one over 8 lbs. every hour and did not get a check. It took a fish over 9 lbs. each hour to get one. I was too busy to take pictures.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 02:04 PM

At the last bass champs that was there we had a 10 in the well and not much to go with it. They trailered cause they were going out of concho but water levels had made it hard to get in and out. I knew we didn't have enough to check. When we came in to the ramp at elm I yelled at the boats around me if anyone could beat a 10. Bout 6-7 guys said yes so we ditched her in front of everyone rather than risk her not making the ride for no reason. When that place was on it was something else. Jerry makes a great burger but people weren't driving all the way to the middle of no where for the burgers lol.
Posted By: snickers

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 02:14 PM

If I caught 13 ten pounders in a hour and did not have a camera I would be drawing pictures of them.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 02:25 PM

popcorn
Posted By: elm creek

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 02:43 PM

I remember the day Chance caught those big fish, he came in telling me about it and I called BS on it but when a game warden witnessed it and backs him up and says it`s true I believe it. I also remember when Jeff caught the big double, I saw pics of that. Chance and Jeff catch a lot of big fish on Ivie and know the lake extremely well. When the lake was pumping out the big fish Jeff kept count of the ten pound and over he caught on year, I don`t remember the exact number but it was over 30.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:00 PM

Not to burst ou bubble but having cameras all over the place is a relatively new deal, for years we didn't have one in boat. Only one now is on phone. Now as to ivie over the years there have been all kinds of big fish caught. I know a guy at caught a 10.5 and a 12 on back to back casts. He called me and I met him with scale on lake as he didn't have one. I cant speak to the validity of 13 10s in an hour, 21xs is a real good stick who knows that lake as good as anyone and I suspect he isn't FOS. They group up on that lake pretty good and in its prime lots of stuff similar happened out there. But again we weren't all strapped up with Chesties or whatever the hell you call it.

He said it was last summer so I'm pretty sure he would've had a camera phone.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:10 PM

Here ya go chase, this fish is with a few ounces of doubling up your 7lber and yes I had my phone that day but if I stop to take pics of every fish I'd be there all day taking a pic

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:12 PM

This is what it looks like taking a fish over 12 to tournament scales when your actually fishing in.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:21 PM

I've caught (13) 5 and 6 #'rs in one little spot one after another before so I would say it's definitely possible to do the same with 10's. I'm sure he was throwing them back in the water after each catch .... if he had a camera with him we would say that's the same fish in 13 different photo's.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:21 PM

Here ya go chase, this fish is with a few ounces of doubling up your 7lber and yes I had my phone that day but if I stop to take pics of every fish I'd be there all day taking a pic

Did you take a pic of those pk fish you treated so badly. That spot hasn't been the same since.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:22 PM

Nice fish man! But you one of the pics is from 2012 & the other is from who knows when so I still think the 10 over 10 is a fish tale & I think most people would agree.
Posted By: snickers

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:34 PM

Man I fish all the time and all over the place and have a place on fork and have been fishing the lake from the start. I have caught many 7,8 pound fish but only 2 over 10 pounds . I would find it hard to believe 13 over 10 in a lifetime let alone a hour. And to have a camera and not take any pictures is like the Russia deal. I won't call it a lie but I would have to call it a tall tail. You posted a picture of a big fish why did you take a picture of that fish . You could have had 16 over 10 if you wouldn't have taken the time.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:44 PM

Did you take a pic of those pk fish you treated so badly. That spot hasn't been the same since.

Nope, don't have time when you and the wife are catching them every cast and your hands are bleeding, arms start to hurt after three hours but it all went away when we weighed in 30lbs on a lake we never been too before!

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
Man I fish all the time and all over the place and have a place on fork and have been fishing the lake from the start. I have caught many 7,8 pound fish but only 2 over 10 pounds . I would find it hard to believe 13 over 10 in a lifetime let alone a hour. And to have a camera and not take any pictures is like the Russia deal. I won't call it a lie but I would have to call it a tall tail. You posted a picture of a big fish why did you take a picture of that fish . You could have had 16 over 10 if you wouldn't have taken the time.

That fish was special, that boat was delivered that day, we broke it in and the fist cast made out of that boat was 13.12 in mid July.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 04:13 PM

Nice fish man! But you one of the pics is from 2012 & the other is from who knows when so I still think the 10 over 10 is a fish tale & I think most people would agree.

This pic is last summer media caught out the back of my boat 12.98 the pic you say no telling when was summer before last. I posted the GW name and where he is located and would be happy to tell you all about it. I don't know why he would walk in to elm creek marina and tell an all out lie? The only time this year I really got excited was when I caught a smallie that weighed 5.4, those don't grow on every tree here.

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 04:38 PM

I looked up the GW on TPW but couldn't find him?

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 04:40 PM

Well you didn't look very hard, Lacy Loudermilk Abilene Tx , I'm waiting on him to call me back to verify giving you his cell number.

He's at the Academy in Hamilton today.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 04:49 PM

Quit the pessing match already

If Jerry at Elm Creek said it happened then it's good with me

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Quit the pessing match already

If Jerry at Elm Creek said it happened then it's good with me

Finally a voice of reason
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: He Won The Tuesday Night Athens Tournament! Two 7+lb Bass - 08/07/17 05:06 PM

The fizzing is hopefully over. Ivie is a jewel. thumb thumb peep
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum