Texas Fishing Forum

2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship

Posted By: kellisag

2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 01:54 AM

You Dallas guys will love this! roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 02:37 AM

Bahahahahahaha ttz is looking better and better.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 03:17 AM

That is a big OUCH, unless you live down near Austin or so. Ray Roberts in May?? They must not want much fish caught then, because it is better in March or April, but go figure. I am not fishing it but have friends who are fishing it and they HATE RR in May, they said. Was okay with the rest of the lakes, but not RR. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: Tim Haugh

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 04:15 AM

I'm not a fan of Ray Roberts, but don't be too harsh on it in May. The THSBA just had our Championship there This past May. Took 36 lbs to win the 2 day event. Big fish was 10 plus. Again, these were high school anglers! More seasoned anglers should be just fine.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 08:54 AM

Way too much Rayburn & Toledo. 60% of the trail. No thanks!! Championship on Texoma & I'd like it better.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs
Way too much Rayburn & Toledo. 60% of the trail. No thanks!! Championship on Texoma & I'd like it better.

This exactly, 2 years ago we fished all of them, have no problem with Rayburn, Toledo when they went to livingston for championship we bowed out. 3/5 in deep east Texas a little much. It's too bad cause it's a well run deal.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 11:31 AM

June championship on rayburn. Good luck to the non east Texas guys. Lol
Posted By: reelswift

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 11:43 AM

World keeps spinning and jackpots keep grinning. texas
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 11:54 AM

East Texas guys show up that's why they put it on Rayburn. Livingston was a joke lol. I bet every TFFer would rather spend 4 days of fishing on Rayburn than 4 days on Livingston.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 11:56 AM

Amistad championship would be nice as well
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 12:23 PM

Go to where people show up. Be the largest championship they've had. Guaranteed

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

I believe it will be. I just think if this is the direction they want to go make it all Rayburn & Toledo. I think they run a great trail, I'm just not big on the schedule.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 12:43 PM

Rayburn and Toledo are on it every year. The other 2 lakes change each year. The championship changes each year. Not sure why guys have an issue.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 12:47 PM

Rayburn and Toledo are on it every year. The other 2 lakes change each year. The championship changes each year. Not sure why guys have an issue.

I have an issue every year. lol especially when it's 60% of the tournaments. No big deal it's just not for me. Lots of driving to lakes I don't prefer to fish for fun or in a tournament.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 01:21 PM

I have an issue every year. lol especially when it's 60% of the tournaments. No big deal it's just not for me. Lots of driving to lakes I don't prefer to fish for fun or in a tournament.

Well it's the forum so I have to disagree with you lol

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 01:57 PM

Well it's the forum so I have to disagree with you lol

I'd expect nothing less!
Posted By: BMCD

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 01:58 PM

I'm sure will have bigger fields this year for all of these. TTZ looks very interesting also.
Posted By: King.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 02:26 PM

First year i wont be able to fish the TxTT, and its the first year i actually like the schedule. Dang babies and real world responsibilities...
Posted By: Barrett

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 02:27 PM

Ray Roberts in May... Great choice!!! One of the best months of the year for that lake.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 03:40 PM

This right here! Should increase entries at all events as more of the Rayledo guys will make sure they qualify for the championship instead of just fishing the first two events.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 03:44 PM

I really liked Belton last year would of liked to go back. Glad to see they are not going back to Texoma fun lake but been on schedule two straight years I like the change never been to Amistad and I have a bone to pick with ray bob
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 04:13 PM

Biggs do you even fish anymore? Need a tissue roflmao

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 11:06 PM

Just have to fish 2 and pay for 4 to make championship. That will keep numbers up on amistad. I bet there will be a lot more entries than actual teams make that trip.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/01/17 11:23 PM

Should make toledo and rayburn the last two tournaments to make the guys that just want to fish the championship fish the other two lakes also.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 12:02 AM

You only have to fish 2

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Biggs do you even fish anymore? Need a tissue roflmao

Just waiting for the right schedule! Lol
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 02:59 AM

Everyone in DFW cries every year tournaments come out. Facts are facts. Tournaments are businesses also. If they do not draw a crowd, they will not survive. I wish we could get the North East ABA up to 80-100 boats yearly.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 03:20 AM

I swear half of these aliases on here are women.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Everyone in DFW cries every year tournaments come out. Facts are facts. Tournaments are businesses also. If they do not draw a crowd, they will not survive. I wish we could get the North East ABA up to 80-100 boats yearly.

I wouldn't say we are crying... Some of us just shake our heads, others suck it up and fish. But let me ask you a question, if there was a trail that fished this schedule in reverse:

Texoma
Ray Roberts
Sam Rayburn
Amistad
Championship - Texoma

Would you fish it?

How about three trips out west?

I understand why they do it, it doesn't mean I have to like it... Can I compete out in your neck of the woods? I have only been on The Bend once, and never on Sam Rayburn... I highly doubt it. Now, if I had the time to pre-fish for a few months, maybe! Will I fish the trail? Probably not, ok, I won't. If it were reversed (even though I am no stick on Texoma or Roberts), I certainly would consider.

To each his own, the turn-outs are better when the trails cater to the East Texas crowd. It is just disappointing that such a vast state can't get a little more diverse in the trails that fish it.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 06:02 PM

Beating a dead horse, they go where teams show up not where a couple guys on a forum want them to go. Vast majority of the teams fishing the TTT don't get on this forum
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 09:09 PM

Bingo^^^^ we have a winner! You will go flat broke running a tournament trail off of comments/direction from the forum. You have a better shot at getting Chasin Bass videos to pop on YT.... bolt

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/02/17 09:26 PM

good point, and they also complain about too many tournaments...A common topic on these here web pages.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton

I wouldn't say we are crying... Some of us just shake our heads, others suck it up and fish. But let me ask you a question, if there was a trail that fished this schedule in reverse:

Texoma
Ray Roberts
Sam Rayburn
Amistad
Championship - Texoma

Would you fish it?

How about three trips out west?

I understand why they do it, it doesn't mean I have to like it... Can I compete out in your neck of the woods? I have only been on The Bend once, and never on Sam Rayburn... I highly doubt it. Now, if I had the time to pre-fish for a few months, maybe! Will I fish the trail? Probably not, ok, I won't. If it were reversed (even though I am no stick on Texoma or Roberts), I certainly would consider.

To each his own, the turn-outs are better when the trails cater to the East Texas crowd. It is just disappointing that such a vast state can't get a little more diverse in the trails that fish it.

If you live in dfw area your drive time to 4 of the 5 events is gonna be 3.5 to 5 hours, if your a rayledo guy for the 2ND year in a row you will sleep in your own bed 3 out of the 5 events. A big chunk of those will pay and not show at the other 2. Pretty common deal out of there. A huge cost of tourneys is travel, the dfw guy is gonna spend way more, especially with a practice trip if you plan on having a prayer. It's just not smart money. I have no problem with the fact that rayledo folk stick close to home. I also have no problem with ttt schedule. What it says to me is they don't want my business. I won't fish any ttt events this year including ray Bob. I can't see paying membership for a single event. Too bad cause as I mentioned earlier the events are well run, maybe next year.
Posted By: popcork

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 01:12 PM

Let me start by saying that I am not crazy about where TTT put their championship. I fished several east Texas trails before and saw first hand how some of the anglers over there do things. Some will never leave Rayburn even to fish Toledo, not to mention Livingston or Conroe. I am not looking for a blasting by the Forum trolls who look for things to blast. Statistically, the Dallas region of Bass Champs drew an average of 218 teams, pretty good. The east region drew an average of 321, even better. At $250 a team that is a difference of $25,750. Honestly, I think in order to crown a true champion the event should take place on a lake that is not disclosed until two or three weeks prior to the tournament and on one that has not been fished by the trail in previous years. Just gonna sit back and wait on the nay sayers to pick me apart.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 01:21 PM

Lots of Houston guys fish it and Dalllas guys too. About an hour or less more for the Dallas guys.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
Lots of Houston guys fish it and Dalllas guys too. About an hour or less more for the Dallas guys.

Don't go bringing logic into this! You will actually drive more miles if you live in Houston(2,232) to fish all 5 events than if you live in Dallas(2,212 miles). Since many of the "Rayledo" crowd everyone seems to be scared of are actually from the SETX/Golden Triangle area I added Beaumont for comparison. Less than 100 miles difference than driving from Dallas.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 01:50 PM

Oh, I Think the gripe isn't Houston guys drive time, I think the gripe is the drive time for the little circle around rayledo, let's say Nac to Many to lufkin area. More of a triangle really. And the reason most don't post is the Internet has not reached deep east Texas, still pony express and smoke signals as primary communication. roflmao I'll miss not seeing my wood chopping peeps this year.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 01:50 PM

absolutely. i was hoping they would bring the championship to texoma given the rest of the schedule ... We're out. We might fish RR in may but that would be it.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 01:55 PM

Just jackpot the ones you want to fish. Makes the miles way less.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 02:04 PM

well, yeah, isn't that what the eTex boys do??

grin

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
Oh, I Think the gripe isn't Houston guys drive time, I think the gripe is the drive time for the little circle around rayledo, let's say Nac to Many to lufkin area. More of a triangle really. And the reason most don't post is the Internet has not reached deep east Texas, still pony express and smoke signals as primary communication. roflmao I'll miss not seeing my wood chopping peeps this year.

Ok Lufkin is 1819 miles, 400 less than Dallas. If your truck gets 10MPG and gas is $2.50 you just spent a whopping $100 more being from Dallas. It's not about the money or the drive time. Its about guys being beat in their head before they even show up and making excuses. Rayburn and Toledo draw the numbers so that's where the tourneys go, if you don't like it nobody is making you fish it.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: kellisag

Ok Lufkin is 1819 miles, 400 less than Dallas. If your truck gets 10MPG and gas is $2.50 you just spent a whopping $100 more being from Dallas. It's not about the money or the drive time. Its about guys being beat in their head before they even show up and making excuses. Rayburn and Toledo draw the numbers so that's where the tourneys go, if you don't like it nobody is making you fish it.

I think you are forgetting hotels, practice weekend before etc. I have done it and if you think the expense is the same you are high. Again, I like the trail. Well run, just a disappointment last year and this year. As I said maybe next year. Will just do ttz instead. Life goes on.
Posted By: junk baits

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 03:35 PM

It comes down to the simple issue of HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE for Rayledo guys. I don't think there is a football coach and or team on this earth that would want to play 3/4's of the season in someone else's backyard. I agree with lot of you guys, good operated trail but just too much east texas. I wont fish it this coming year and will wait to review the next season. Oh well, I don't think they will miss my money.

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 05:45 PM

Simple fix, start your own trail for dfw. Offer a boat at each event and 2 at the championship. You won't have to travel and you'll get to fish your home lake!
Posted By: reelswift

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 08:21 PM

Simple fix, start your own trail for dfw. Offer a boat at each event and 2 at the championship. You won't have to travel and you'll get to fish your home lake!

^^^ That is too simple LOL stir
Posted By: Ekman Spiral

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 08:41 PM

You know fishing is good in Texas when people are complaining about fishing two of the best lakes in the country.
Posted By: adam_p

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/03/17 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
That is a big OUCH, unless you live down near Austin or so. Ray Roberts in May?? They must not want much fish caught then, because it is better in March or April, but go figure. I am not fishing it but have friends who are fishing it and they HATE RR in May, they said. Was okay with the rest of the lakes, but not RR. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

The two biggest sacks of the year on Ray Roberts were caught in May.

May sounds great to me!
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: 2018 Texas Team Trail Schedule + Championship - 08/16/17 02:06 PM

Bahahahahahaha ttz is looking better and better.
I agree!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum