Texas Fishing Forum

Stillhouse Hollow Lake

Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 07/27/17 12:35 AM

Thought there was a thread about this lake, did a search and could not find anything.

Looking for info on Stillhouse Hollow, going there friday, never fished it before.

Planning on launching from Stillhouse Park, unless there is a better spot ????????

Was going to try the flooded timber, maybe find some grass, and the sumbmerged road beds.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 07/27/17 05:35 PM

Have not been there in years. It use to be full of grass. It was very beautiful with clear water its not real big so it was easy to figure out. I punched grass beds and caught some very nice fish . That was 10 years ago so I bet it changed.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 07/27/17 06:50 PM

Still very clear water, lots of grass. Punching bite has been hit or miss. Lots of solid fish if you get around them. Lots of bank cover as well from drought conditions a few years back.
Posted By: Tall Hat

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 07/27/17 11:45 PM

We fished Sunday with just a few fish pick dup on the grass beds early and some near the 3481 bridge later on. Got bored and got the bows out. the Spotted Gar like to nap in the moss close to shore so we thinned out the rough fish.

I don't launch from Cedar Gap anymore. That park/ramp is open 24/7 and lots of folks like to park there and vandalize, smoke whatever, and since I have found magnum party hats in the back of my truck once and seen em on the ground, they like to party.

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/04/17 04:48 PM

Didn't get to go last Friday, but going this Sunday.
Anymore updates ?

Still plan n launching from Stillhouse park.

Any docks out there to flip ??
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/04/17 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Ranch

Any docks out there to flip ??

No docks on Stillhouse other than the marina.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/04/17 07:01 PM

Good flipping/pitch'in country down in river. Stay in channel (GPS), no nav. hazard.

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/04/17 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bird
Good flipping/pitch'in country down in river. Stay in channel (GPS), no nav. hazard.

Noticed on the Navionics app for iPad, there is a big bunch of submerged buildings,
Is that right ?
Or an error in navionics?

Also saw some scuba diving areas.
Not that I want to try that, just thought it was interesting.
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/04/17 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kahuna Ranch
Originally Posted By: T Bird

Noticed on the Navionics app for iPad, there is a big bunch of submerged buildings,

There's some old foundation slabs. Some in shallow water on point. I picked up a buddy's lower unit next to one a couple days after he sheared it off running across the point too close. The drive shaft was bent almost 90 deg.

Posted By: wtf242

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/05/17 05:39 AM

Fished there yesterday morning from 6:30am - 12:00pm and did pretty well. The lake is beautiful. Visibility is nearly 20ft and the hydrilla goes 20-25ft in some areas. Lots of schooling fish.

Posted By: DALE W

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/05/17 03:01 PM

How does this lake fish in the wind? Was thinking about making the drive over today.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/05/17 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DALE W
How does this lake fish in the wind? Was thinking about making the drive over today.

Kind of tough! Grass is mainly off shore in open water.

Re: Stillhouse Hollow Lake - 08/06/17 07:53 PM

Pretty windy morning, opted to go to Lake Belton instead. It's a lot more protected from the wind, plus with all the coves, makes for some easier fishing.
Out there from 6:45 to 11:45, only caught a couple of dinks.

There was something going on, at the marina they had a couple rescue vehicles with their
lights flashing, and the rescue boat was moored near the restaurant.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum