Texas Fishing Forum

Shimano customer service

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Shimano customer service - 07/25/17 06:14 PM

I sent three reels to shimano out in Irvine, Ca about 15 days ago, their rep called me last Monday and said I need a credit card number and your reels are fixed. I got them back today and all three are better than new. The turn around time was amazing. One of my reels was just worn out and each reel cost me only $25.00, I can't ask for better service than that.

Thanks Shimano
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/25/17 06:23 PM

I use Dan Isaac @ ReelEx . He lives near Clear Lake in California . He will usually turn them around in 5-7 days . I think the cost is about the same ---$20 to $25 each . He also runs deals to upgrade your bearings . I had some of mine upgraded to ABEC 9's and they are much easier to cast . He used to work for Shimano back in the day , now he is independent . I an not sure if he does just Shimano , but worth a call .

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/25/17 07:31 PM

I have a few others I just may send him... newer Pflueger
Posted By: stringwise

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/27/17 06:06 PM

Maybe luck of the draw. I sent 2 Curado E's to them in early July (3rd) thinking I would have them back easily by a August 6th Canadian fishing trip. I called them today and they said no chance they are in their peak repair season and I won't see my reels by the time I leave. Glad I have plenty of backups!
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/27/17 06:17 PM

I sent a reel to them (Shimano)about a week ago, got a call a couple days later that they received it and needed a credit card #, got a call next day that said it was cleaned and repaired and would ship out the next day, should be back here tomorrow or Saturday. Great service!
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/27/17 06:20 PM

^^ Wow. Two completely different experiences. Sounds like stringwise needed to get bronco71's repairer. laugh
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/27/17 06:27 PM

I sent an old Stradic that I bought cheap online to Shimano for repair about a year ago, got a call a couple days after I shipped it for a credit card number, another call that afternoon that the reel was trash and they couldn't get the parts to fix it and if they could it would be too expensive so they offered me a new one at a huge discount! Nothing but good luck dealing with them so far!

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/27/17 10:05 PM

I need you speedy guys to call and ask for my reels to be put on your timeline!

Re: Shimano customer service - 07/28/17 02:59 AM

All I can say is one of my citica's were just flat out worn out... while talking to Eric Diaz (shimano rep), he said this reel had seen its better days and they pretty much rebuilt it while it was there. I paid $25.00 each for 3 of my reels and I couldn't be happier. I go to San Diego in like 6 weeks, I'd like to tour the place.

Again nothing but great service. I checked a couple of local service centers and they were like 12-16 weeks out. I will use shimano again

Re: Shimano customer service - 08/05/17 05:00 PM

On the flight to Canada today and my reels still haven't shown up from Shimano. Oh well, going to be a great trip and fortunately I am ok without them. They will be in great shape I'm sure when I get them but they have been anything but fast.

Re: Shimano customer service - 08/05/17 07:50 PM

Mine working like a champ... zero complaints for sure, sorry about the poor service
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum