Texas Fishing Forum

Service records?

Posted By: i-Fish

Service records? - 07/23/17 12:29 PM

In regards to buying used are service records intended to show that proper maintenance was performed on a yearly basis as well as any major repairs that may have been required?

Re: Service records? - 07/23/17 01:27 PM

Posted By: SK1

Re: Service records? - 07/23/17 01:38 PM

If you're buying a used boat a good rule of thumb is to take the boat to a reputable mechanic have the motor dyno tested and make sure that you run the boat on the lake so that you know what you are buying.New or used you should always run the boat on the water before you buy. Run everything (livewells,bilge pumps,lights etc).If the seller objects,run don't walk away.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Service records? - 07/23/17 01:40 PM

What happened to the boat in Waco, did you take it to Rick ?

Re: Service records? - 07/23/17 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Going today. Gonna run it. Check it out. Look at service records. Run a compression and leak down test and of it all checks out I'll take her home. Was going to see Rick on thursday but the seller had to reschedule.

Re: Service records? - 07/23/17 02:45 PM

Wow, Rick is open on Sundays ? Never knew him to open on Sundays, good deal. Going to see him tomorrow myself, need some plugs and filter.

Re: Service records? - 07/23/17 02:49 PM

No. I'm not going to see Rick. Turns out the seller is a diesel mechanic so he has all of the gauges we need for those two tests. We're gonna do them ourselves.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Service records? - 07/24/17 12:47 AM

If he is a mechanic you'll probably find that he kept his motor in great condition and did the necessary maintenance. Your odds of it being good are greatly increased

Re: Service records? - 07/24/17 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: HookinToads
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Going today. Gonna run it. Check it out. Look at service records. Run a compression and leak down test and of it all checks out I'll take her home. Was going to see Rick on thursday but the seller had to reschedule.

Well how'd it go ? Get the boat ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum