Texas Fishing Forum

Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite!

Posted By: Kungfoogrip

Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 01:25 AM

Kungfoogrip
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 10:01 AM

that water temp!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: wtf242
that water temp!

Lake Nac was 93 yesterday. Didn't bother them much...

Turn your fish id off do we can tell what's going on there
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 01:11 PM

I saw the same thing on Fayette, screen was full of fish and nary a one would bite. I think they were small gar.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 04:18 PM

That's pretty cool, even gives the weight of each fish. Bigger ones are on the bottom so you need a heavy jig or T-rig 10" worm.
Posted By: fish_n_dude

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 05:05 PM

I believe the number is what depth they are at.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
That's pretty cool, even gives the weight of each fish. Bigger ones are on the bottom so you need a heavy jig or T-rig 10" worm.

noidea
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S

noidea

He is an Aggie. grin
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 06:40 PM

Get some water dogs. I use them all the time on Fork and they the best bait for summer time.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Originally Posted By: wtf242
that water temp!

Lake Nac was 93 yesterday. Didn't bother them much...

Turn your fish id off do we can tell what's going on there

Wow! 75 here
Posted By: just plain bill

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 08:46 PM

Numbers on right are depth...power plant lakes have hot water in the summer, lol
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 09:49 PM

Agree; turn off fish ID. With experience, the fish ID hurts you more than it helps. It will prolong your learning curve

Did you drop a spoon down there?

Looks like a large school of baitfish

I do see some larger fish in the middle at the bottom; but they aren't attacking--could be bottom feeders

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/22/17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher™

noidea

He is an Aggie. grin

I thought it was funny, you guys don't have a sense of humor. Laugh a little, it's good for you.

Posted By: senko9S

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/23/17 11:54 AM

cmon aggie... don't be sad. laugh a little yourself. you set yourself up.

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/23/17 12:07 PM

cmon aggie... don't be sad. laugh a little yourself. you set yourself up.

How's this, lol.

Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/24/17 02:22 AM

I would be checking them again later. We were there one time and they were thick on the graph but wouldn't bite. We came back just over a hour later and caught 177.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/24/17 11:12 AM

Could be Tilapia. I've seen vast schools of them on Fayette before. They can get surprisingly big out there.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/24/17 03:04 PM

Could just be bait fish.
Posted By: tm33

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/24/17 04:23 PM

Is this by chance in front of the discharge?
In the heat of the summer, I have seen large schools of gar that looked like that out in front of the discharge.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/24/17 04:51 PM

Discharge temps are probably north of 100 this time of year. I've caught bass over there with surface temps of 106 degrees. The fish didn't seem the least bit bothered by it.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Look at all the fish at Fayette, I found!! Too bad they wouldn't bite! - 07/24/17 06:56 PM

I thought it was funny. But i also enjoy a good aggie joke now and then, lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum