Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for some summer time LMB advice....

Posted By: A-A-RON

Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 04:51 PM

So I was having some pretty good outings in the spring fishing from the bank on lake Lewisville but for the past month or so I have had zero luck. I have tried all kinds of different lures and still can't manage to get the skunk away. What would you guys recommend trying? Or what kind of areas should I be looking for? I've been throwing everything from swim jigs, crankbaits, t-rigged senkos, lizards, and craws, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, beetlespins, and even an occasional whopper plopper 90.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 05:06 PM

Depending on the lake, just find bait fish with electronics. Docks always have fish on them.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 05:11 PM

I caught an 8 pounder last weekend fishing in a marina that sells fishing permits for that purpose. I don't know if there are any marinas on LL that offer that service, but it might be worth checking into. The big ladies are looking for some shade much of the day this time of year!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 05:23 PM

Your fishing from the bank this time of year; so the bite is only going to be at daybreak and just before dark if any. On top of that it has to be an area as far away as you can get with lots of shoreline cover which is almost impossible to walk into from the closes road. A paper map may help you to find that access to such a spot. It will be an adventure anyway, just getting to them.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 05:59 PM

Try fishing the areas at night.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Try fishing the areas at night.

thumb on a bank that is closest to deep water

Bridges can be good
Posted By: bo tbo

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 06:06 PM

Try to find some cover. Something with lots of shade and fish slow.
Posted By: tsspencer2887

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/18/17 06:29 PM

Bridges with deep water nearby are going to be your best bet. Grass, timber and/or rip rap would be a plus.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/19/17 12:12 AM

Fish at night with same baits and a big worm
Posted By: DaveTV

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/19/17 11:54 AM

I catch some shallow, early in the a.m.. flipping flukes in and around flooded trees, bushes, grass, etc.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Looking for some summer time LMB advice.... - 07/19/17 09:43 PM

If you'll look for the crappie barge on Lewisville and fish that deep bank leading south, you will find very deep water. 10" power worms, brush hogs, creature baits, etc. Throw it out and let it sink to the bottom. Then, drag it back up the incline real slow. There are giants over there that nobody ever fishes for.....GL!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum