Texas Fishing Forum

Best lake for deep water numbers right now?

Posted By: TheCatcherman4

Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 12:26 AM

What do y'all think?
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 12:45 AM

I would think Toledo right now.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 02:03 AM

No lake down here, that's for sure.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 02:19 AM

joe pool
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 03:05 AM

I can catch 30-50 on fork right now
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide-Cody Malone
mind telling me how?? roflmao
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

He'll tell you for around $450 give or take
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam

roflmao
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam

Plus tip $550.00
Posted By: Big1Bass

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 02:35 PM

Pines is fishing real good right now.. 25 to 30lb sacks
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 05:34 PM

Cody is a real good guide on Fork.

He has been guiding on there for awhile !!!!
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 05:47 PM

Deep bite is good at fork right now! Been out pretty much every day! You just have to move around and when you find them they are biteing good!
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 05:59 PM

Fork.....no doubt right now for numbers!
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 08:34 PM

Some on here are claiming they're catching 40+ in a half day on Fayette County.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 08:48 PM

^^^ For Sure

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: skeeterK

And half the people on here are key board fisherman!
Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
Deep bite is good at fork right now! Been out pretty much every day! You just have to move around and when you find them they are biteing good!

Which part of the lake are you getting the most success?
North,...Mid section...south By the dam? Inquiring minds want to know... I've had difficulty locating any fish out deep.
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/18/17 10:17 PM

And half the people on here are key board fisherman!

Agreed....but I wasn't going there since I only have 62 posts breakdance

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: cruzfishing

North,...Mid section...south By the dam? Inquiring minds want to know... I've had difficulty locating any fish out deep.

You just have to run around till you find them I finding them in a lot of different areas!
Posted By: DaveTV

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 11:58 AM

Fork is producing decent fish and decent numbers, especially for summer compared to other lakes in the area.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 03:55 PM

I did and can, but most will be 10 ft or less to get those numbers. Even submitted video evidence. I cannot catch them in numbers deep, its just was not setting up right on Fayette.
Posted By: TheCatcherman4

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 08:39 PM

I was expecting 10 plus different lakes to be named lol
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 09:44 PM

You just have to run around till you find them I finding them in a lot of different areas!

This is the greatest "brush off" answer ever!!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 09:53 PM

Lavon. The Summer pattern is setting up.

You just have to run around till you find them. I'm finding them in a lot of different areas.

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/19/17 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

This is the greatest "brush off" answer ever!!

Iam not brushing anything off I am just saying what I am doing to catch them right now! Iam also catching them several different ways!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 01:44 PM

Come on Dax, Crig a pink helicopter lure right.. LOL....ease up guys, fork is producing some nice catches out deep, if you aren't able to hire a guide to help you figure out the patterns that will work, don't expect someone to sit you on fish. You need to put in the work, and time on the water to figure it out.. Jmo
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 02:00 PM

Small price to pay for a great lesson... fish
Posted By: Fishman_DAN

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 04:14 PM

Fork.....mid lake main lake points in 20-25fow, preferably the edges or ends with cover close by. Throw in a creek bend or two and you will find the fish. I have found it more productive to target the smaller schools of fish closer to the bottom and on the windy side of the point. Remember, even though the lake isnt releasing any water, the way the wind blows and the contour of certain points may create the slightest amount of current that will attract fish. These fish have been the more aggressive fish for sure. Ive been catching 90% of my fish on football head jigs in pb&j and carolina rigged flukes in bait fish color.........5ft leader....slow drag. If they wont touch the jig I go to the c-rig. If I see fish and dont get bit in 10 min.....im off to the next spot. I'm no guide, but ill help a brother out because I know its not financially possible for all of us to spend $600 on a guide, or be on the water 5 days a week. Good Luck!!!

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishman_DAN
Fork.....mid lake main lake points in 20-25fow, preferably the edges or ends with cover close by. Throw in a creek bend or two and you will find the fish. I have found it more productive to target the smaller schools of fish closer to the bottom and on the windy side of the point. Remember, even though the lake isnt releasing any water, the way the wind blows and the contour of certain points may create the slightest amount of current that will attract fish. These fish have been the more aggressive fish for sure. Ive been catching 90% of my fish on football head jigs in pb&j and carolina rigged flukes in bait fish color.........5ft leader....slow drag. If they wont touch the jig I go to the c-rig. If I see fish and dont get bit in 10 min.....im off to the next spot. I'm no guide, but ill help a brother out because I know its not financially possible for all of us to spend $600 on a guide, or be on the water 5 days a week. Good Luck!!!

thumb
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 04:23 PM

Nice job Fishman_Dan. What you just wrote is what this forum was originally like and it's good to see someone share information that can help a guy that might not have $550 laying around. You didn't give "spots", but you gave good information someone should be able to run with and figure something out.

I wish more people would follow your lead.

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 04:54 PM

I was on Fork Tues from 6:30-10am and it was tough on me. All the fish I caught were on 2 roadbeds and couple community humps on the dam end of the lake. I did find a school of BIG DRUM in 18-25 fow that liked to eat a spoon laugh

I marked a lot of fish in the 16-25 depths and only caught 2 slots, a few decent unders and a few "alan jacksons" before I loaded up and headed for some AC...
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/20/17 08:14 PM

Found them schooling mid-day at wolf last Sunday. Lots of fish to catch suspended above the thermocline also. Like Dax was saying, have to move around until you find a group that will bite. Once you get them fired up, it's on!
Posted By: Champion1423

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/21/17 01:11 AM

This is the reason I have been reading on this forum for so long. Some people just plain don't have as much money but still enjoy fishing just like the next guy.
Posted By: skins84

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/21/17 11:09 PM

Good accurate answer.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Best lake for deep water numbers right now? - 07/21/17 11:20 PM

Good stuff..... nice to see an answer that's real and useful
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum