Texas Fishing Forum

Costa lense question...

Posted By: Jswanz58

Costa lense question... - 07/17/17 07:53 PM

What's the best all around lense for bass fishing. Not just for sight fishing but for general everyday shallow water fishing
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/17/17 08:26 PM

Green Mirror
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/17/17 08:49 PM

Green mirror. Pay for the 580 Glass lens its worth it. Lots of good posts on here about the lens colors if you search around a bit.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/17/17 08:54 PM

I bought the green plastic on the first pair and didn't like them at all. They changed the natural colors and made the water look merky even if it was clear. I purchased another pair with the 580g glass lens in blue and I really like them and all the colors look natural....my 2 pennies
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/17/17 09:03 PM

Green mirror in 580 glass works for me
Posted By: RcostaK

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/17/17 09:06 PM

I've had the blue and the green glass. The green have an amber backing that does better with freshwater, in my opinion. On a super sunny day the blue works great, cloudy day green/amber works great (cancels less yellow light). Go with the glass wither way, plastic scratches up a bit more.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/18/17 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Classic Fiberglass
Green Mirror

^^^^^this^^^^^
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/18/17 12:46 AM

Are you wanting lense coating or lense color. As far as color Costa no longer has an Amber lense now it is copper. You can get gray lense with blue coating, copper lense with green coating or other combos. I personally like the copper/green combo although I wish they still offered the amber lense. My glasses are prescription.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/18/17 03:07 AM

Green Morror 580G
Posted By: phrito

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/19/17 06:24 PM

The green mirror is probably the best all around. Keep in mind the glass lens is about twice as heavy so if you wear them for long periods of time be prepared for that. You can go to the costa website and they have some examples of how things look and recommendations on the lenses for your activity. I personally have the fantail realtree camo frames with green mirror 580P (plastic) and they are great. Good luck!
Posted By: Larry M

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/22/17 08:34 AM

I recently bought Blue 580 glass will probably buy a set in green also. Keep in mind as stated glass is heavier and will break, one lense costs $100 to replace. I broke one after the first week rough housing with my dogs. So instead of $260 now I have a pair of $360 Costas. Glass is worth the money though.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Costa lense question... - 07/22/17 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide-Cody Malone
Green Mirror 580G

This man is absolutely correct. It is the ONE to have if you are to have just one. BTW, my opthamologist showed me the distortion level difference in polymer vs. glass versions using his equipment. Though "good plastic" is better than bad plastic, it still doesn't compare to optical quality glass, which 580G is. 580G is one of the thinnest/lightest for glass, doesn't bother me a bit.

I now also have the blue mirror for offshore & super bright days, but I made do with a single pair for years. I added the blue mirror pair because they are darker and I'm super glare sensitive. The spec says 10% transmission vs. 12% (green) but something makes the difference to the eye very noticeable - light intensity gets stomped on significantly with blue mirror in my experience.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum