Texas Fishing Forum

FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool

Posted By: BigHead248

FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 07:04 PM

I was flipping the boat stalls at the Oasis Marina this Sunday. I was on the row that was directly across from the restaurant. I was confronted by an older man who told me it was against the law to fish the private shoots that he and others pay for. I respectfully told him it was not against the law to fish the stalls from my boat. That seemed to anger him so he began cussing and continued to rant. I was several stalls down from him and never interfered with anything he was doing. Knowing there's lots of other stalls to fish, I powered up the trolling motor to pass him by and go on with my day. As I passed his stall he says to his wife, just loud enough for me to hear, “If someone messes with my property I’ll put a bullet in them.” I verbally confronted him about the threat and told him if he said anything else I would Call the police. He didn’t make any more threats so I moved on.

As I was pulling off I saw an employee of the Oasis who turned out to be the manager. He was very nice and respectful about the situation. He said he would go talk to the man and inform him anglers could fish the stalls from their boat. However, the manager also said it was against the law to fish the “Public Channel's” that are used to get to and from the boat slips. I told him I disagreed, but we were both respectful of each others opinions and I moved on.

I didn’t call the game warden immediately, but eventually decided it would be best to let him know. The local game warden was very helpful and listened to my story. He confirmed it is legal to fish the stalls AND the channels in and around the marina as long as I’m on my boat. He will also be looking into the situation.

I say all this so you all don’t get surprised like I did and to hopefully prevent anything from happening in the future.

Be safe.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 07:12 PM

Some people think they own everything.
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 07:34 PM

I think I know which old man your talking about, he always gives me the stink eye but he's never actually said anything to me.... maybe he can see that I've got crazy eyes behind these Costas
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 07:35 PM

Well at least it wasnt on Ray Hubbard this time
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 07:43 PM

Maybe you should make a few copies of 62.0125, if I remember right, and hand those out as a courtesy notice before you call the game warden. That way they can't say they didn't know that was an offense when he or she arrives.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 08:27 PM

I fish there all the time and there's always an old man at a certain slip so I assume it was him but I've never had anyone say anything to me. I had one last week walk up to see where my lure was going but never said anything.

There one that I like is the first slip when you enter from the lake. The one with the big boat and outdoor kitchen. They have signs all around it starting private property, no hunting or fishing. I always have to throw a lure there.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/16/17 09:48 PM

Eh..fishing sucks in that marina anyways.

You're better off fishing the steep drops on that lake.

As for the first boat dock with the notices....I always talk to the owners there when I seem em. They play some great music and always have asked me how's my day going, etc. ....all while I'm flipping their stalls.

......the only "real reason" to fish the marinas is when its slow.....and ya just want to see some bikinis.
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 01:55 PM

......the only "real reason" to fish the marinas is when its slow.....and ya just want to see some bikinis.

I must be going at the wrong time, all I ever see are old fat drunk women roflmao
Posted By: River to sea

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 02:40 PM

Just a reminder , it is a felony in Tx to hit anyone over 65 , one of my customers got into a big mess a few years back . He got lucky , someone had a video , the old guy begged for it , still cost him a lot of lawyer fees .
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 03:25 PM

I had a lunatic on Lake Waco say the same thing to me as I was fishing his boat stall. He tried to hose us down with his water hose and when we just raised the hood on our rainjackets and kept fishing he pulled out something so I got on the motor to leave. As he cussed me out incoherently, he chunked a piece of metal that hit the side of my boat. I threatened to call the cops but thought my time wasn't worth the hassle and kept on. Couldn't fish the rest of the day because I was so mad.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 03:36 PM

Old people are so cool!!

Posted By: Insurance man

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: shotgunwilly
I had a lunatic on Lake Waco say the same thing to me as I was fishing his boat stall. He tried to hose us down with his water hose and when we just raised the hood on our rainjackets and kept fishing he pulled out something so I got on the motor to leave. As he cussed me out incoherently, he chunked a piece of metal that hit the side of my boat. I threatened to call the cops but thought my time wasn't worth the hassle and kept on. Couldn't fish the rest of the day because I was so mad.
If he would have hit my boat he would have gotten a "censored" whippin!!!
Posted By: barryfish

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 10:42 PM

Wait, there are fish in that marina?
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/17/17 11:57 PM

There are decent fish (for JPL) in that marina during the shad spawn in the wee hours of dawn. But that's 3-4 weeks out of the year?...
Posted By: goodman1389

Re: FYI if you fish the Oasis Marina on Joe Pool - 07/18/17 12:54 AM

Find a dock that has a lot of shade (usually the ones who have added onto the deck) and skip a wacky worm waaay under there. Plenty of fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum