Texas Fishing Forum

Major Leaque Fishing

Posted By: bush hog

Major Leaque Fishing - 07/15/17 07:53 PM

I'm not much on most fishing shows but I do like the MLF show. Timmy Horton put it on em at Lake Naconiche. I have fished this lake quite a bit and it's nice watching them on a lake that you can relate to. I wish they would have kept the show at 2 hrs. instead of cutting it back to one. It was a lot more informative in the past.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/15/17 07:57 PM

588+ lbs in 2 days on Naconiche...dang
Posted By: ZxrBOOTEN87

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/15/17 08:09 PM

It was a slugfest. Mark Davis caught some hawgs
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/15/17 08:45 PM

It was nice to watch in HD.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/15/17 09:35 PM

Horton from last to first! What a run! Can't wait to hit these lakes next spring.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/15/17 09:49 PM

Horton had a great great day. I'm glad he has the new record one day catch on MLF.

He found those deeper schools and capitalized.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt Jackson
It was nice to watch in HD.

Amen!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 01:18 AM

I wish they were playing for something,..I like the fish catching, but there's no prize fund,,,like kissing your sister..
Posted By: JDJ01

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 01:25 AM

they are fishing for a large sum of undisclosed monies
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 01:27 AM

I saw an interview with one of the MLF participants.
He said there is some prize money or appearance fee; but they don't talk about the details
Posted By: Ryan Somerville

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 01:36 AM

Does anyone know when they will air on outdoor tv
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 01:44 AM

im puzzled, the show i watched today was filmed in grand rapids, not east texas.
Posted By: Swimbaiter

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 01:52 AM

^^^^ Sounds like you watched the Outdoor Channel and not CBS???
Posted By: Ranger481

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 02:02 AM

I wish it was the 2 hour format, it would have been up there with KVD's come from behind win. New format moves along to fast.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 02:27 AM

"cbs" as in channel 11 in dallas
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 02:48 AM

They replay the Texas shows on Fridays on Dish Network channel 158 at 6:00PM. Its CBSSN.
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: reeltexan
Horton had a great great day. I'm glad he has the new record one day catch on MLF.

I'm glad that Horton beat Martins record too, especially after seeing what an arrogant jerk that he was at the Expo at Texas Fest in Lufkin. I was also glad to see Ike get last on Nacogdoches after his smart a$& remark about the crowd at weigh in at Texas Fest. Those 2 guys lost a fan in me that weekend and Ike has cost Abu Garcia some sales twice on their rods because they have IKE on them.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ETxRT

I'm glad that Horton beat Martins record too, especially after seeing what an arrogant jerk that he was at the Expo at Texas Fest in Lufkin. I was also glad to see Ike get last on Nacogdoches after his smart a$& remark about the crowd at weigh in at Texas Fest. Those 2 guys lost a fan in me that weekend and Ike has cost Abu Garcia some sales twice on their rods because they have IKE on them.

+1000 on everything you said, double up on Ike. Love Garcia reels but won't buy one with Ike on it.
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

+1000 on everything you said, double up on Ike. Love Garcia reels but won't buy one with Ike on it.

Ok, I have to ask. What did Ike say???? I met both at the Classic and both were real nice. Took pictures with them at the media luncheon and even told Aaron he needed to shower. 'The Natural' isn't inclined to use deodorant. smile
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 09:23 PM

I was at the Humminbird/Minn Kota booth talking with one of the reps when Aaron Martins walked up in rudely interrupted the ccoversation and started talking about how he had just gotten there late, because he overslept. Never acknowledged that I was even talking and never acknowledged me. Just interrupted the conversation and I walked off. I was actually glad that he did that, because I ended up talking to Terry Scroggins and Matt Herron both Elite Pros about the products. Those two made a fan out of me, they were very friendly to me, professional and down to earth

Ike, went on stage and was making a comment to Matt Lee about not giving him the $40 that he promised Matt if Matt went on stage and made a comment about the HUGE crowd, when the crowd was actually quite small. Probably less than 200 people. Instead of thanking those of us that went to the weigh-in for showing up. It was a real crappy thing to say even if the crowd was small. Not someone that I would want on stage representing my product. That is one of the reasons when I was talking to the Abu Garcia rep this week about replacing a rod and they offered an Ike series Rod, I profusely declined to take that rod or anything else with his name on it, and explained to the person from customer service why I would not want that rod.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/16/17 09:26 PM

I was at the Humminbird/Minn Kota booth talking with one of the reps when Aaron Martins walked up in rudely interrupted the ccoversation and started talking about how he had just gotten there late, because he overslept. Never acknowledged that I was even talking and never acknowledged me. Just interrupted the conversation and I walked off. I was actually glad that he did that, because I ended up talking to Terry Scroggins and Matt Herron both Elite Pros about the products. Those two made a fan out of me, they were very friendly to me, professional and down to earth

Ike, went on stage and was making a comment to Matt Lee about not giving him the $40 that he promised Matt if Matt went on stage and made a comment about the HUGE crowd, when the crowd was actually quite small. Probably less than 200 people. Instead of thanking those of us that went to the weigh-in for showing up. It was a real crappy thing to say even if the crowd was small. Not someone that I would want on stage representing my product. That is one of the reasons when I was talking to the Abu Garcia rep this week about replacing a rod and they offered an Ike series Rod, I profusely declined to take that rod or anything else with his name on it, and explained to the person from customer service why I would not want that rod.

That will learn them. Lol
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 01:37 AM

Anybody but Boyd Duckett.. congrats to Timmy Horton.. he did something different and it worked.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 01:49 AM

did u see loud mouth throw his rod/reel in the lake after the contest was over...???...real class...
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 02:26 AM

I like this format, and its even better when they are somewhere that they can flat out whack gooduns.
Posted By: Blindshot54

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 03:27 AM

The stars of this Championship are these two lakes. Wow. What a show theses darlings have put on.

Both lakes showed out.
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 03:41 AM

What channel is it on?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Crankalot
What channel is it on?

Your local CBS affiliate. Regular CBS, not CBS Sports Network for the first run show on Saturdays.
Posted By: railey

Re: Major Leaque Fishing - 07/17/17 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: crapyetr
did u see loud mouth throw his rod/reel in the lake after the contest was over...???...real class...
If you look at it again it did not have a reel on it.He took it off before he threw it in the water.The rod also had a floater on it. Pretty sure that was just for TV.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum