Texas Fishing Forum

Copolymer line

Posted By: StormVet

Copolymer line - 07/14/17 01:59 PM

What's your thoughts about this stuff. Do you like it or not? Would you use it for a leader off braid ?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 02:01 PM

Great stuff. Use it on moving lures.
Posted By: cadman

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 02:04 PM

I like it as well, and use it for fishing jigs. No problems
Posted By: buda13

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 02:08 PM

In my arsenal if it doesn't have braid on it then its copolymer. It works great for all applications IMHO.. from topwater, to flipping, to crankin, to big ole swimbaits, to shakey head and drop shot I have no complaints! Been fishing P-Line CX Premium almost exclusively for probably the last 10 years.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
In my arsenal if it doesn't have braid on it then its copolymer. It works great for all applications IMHO.. from topwater, to flipping, to crankin, to big ole swimbaits, to shakey head and drop shot I have no complaints! Been fishing P-Line CX Premium almost exclusively for probably the last 10 years.

Yep, p-line flouroclear here. Works great around heavy cover too.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 02:22 PM

I'm using McCoys co polymer and like it.
Posted By: squib

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 03:15 PM

McCoy's Mean Green co-poly on all moving baits. Have used it for years and it is great at what it does. Very strong, holds a knot well, and has good stretch to keep you from pulling treble hooks on a surge.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 03:17 PM

I had terrible luck with McCoys and gave it all away it was so bad. I use P-Line CXX now. A little stiffer, but I don't lose my fish anymore either. Even contacted McCoys and explained what was going on and talked them through it and they wanted me to pay to have it sent back to them so they could look at it then would let me know if they were willing to replace it.......... NOT. What a crock.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: StormVet
What's your thoughts about this stuff. Do you like it or not? Would you use it for a leader off braid ?

only time I would use it. Stretches like a rubber band, I can't fell anything with it. I do use it for my c-rig leaders some but not sure I love it over fluoro or anything but it is cheaper.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 03:41 PM

Pline CXX has less stretch than many fluoro options. It's stiff with memory issues; but it's great leader material with braid main line.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 04:02 PM

Been using McCoys Mean Green since 2000. NEVER had any problems with the line or the company. It is very STRONG, very ABRASION RESISTANT, good amount of STRETCH and VERY LOW MEMORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT leader material and I use it on all my moving baits. T-rigs and jigs also. Do not use it as main line on C-rig, too much stretch for my application, there, but use it as the leader material. It is smaller in diameter by about 2-3 lbs than most mono's. For instance, 12# McCoys is the same size as most mono's 10# line. 15# McCoys is about the same size as 12# mcono (not quite, but very close). Hope this helps. Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

NOT affiliated with them in any way, just like their product very much.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 07:23 PM

Good for reaction baits, bad for bottom contact baits.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 07:50 PM

I have the clear version of McCoys.
Posted By: Blackhill

Re: Copolymer line - 07/14/17 08:12 PM

Gamma here, just switched and I like it so far.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Copolymer line - 07/15/17 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13

Same for me - straight P-line CX Premium or braid with leader of CX Premium.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Copolymer line - 07/15/17 12:02 PM

McCoys mean green, low memory, good strength, great for moving baits.
P-Line Premium, same characteristics as the McCoys, and it is thin for its #test rating.
P-Line CXX,strongest co-polymer line out there. It does have more memory than the other two above but it is super strong. I use it in 6#-15# test. 20# I only use for LARGE HEAVY swim baits because it can develop a lot of memory.
CXX works for every technique.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Copolymer line - 07/15/17 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
I had terrible luck with McCoys and gave it all away it was so bad. I use P-Line CXX now. A little stiffer, but I don't lose my fish anymore either. Even contacted McCoys and explained what was going on and talked them through it and they wanted me to pay to have it sent back to them so they could look at it then would let me know if they were willing to replace it.......... NOT. What a crock.

You got a bad spool. I have been using it since 1990 and have never had a problem with it. I like it for moving baits.
Posted By: BassStalker

Re: Copolymer line - 07/17/17 01:54 AM

SliverThread and Super SliverThread. A guide at Fork turned me on to this a long time ago. Still using it about 80% of the time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum