Texas Fishing Forum

Media Tour Championship- Red River

Posted By: SFAJACKS44

Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:23 PM

Qualified to fish the Media Championship. Having to fish the Red River on October 14-15. Partner and I have never been on that body of water. Anyone have any advice on "Watch Out For's"? Launching out of Grand Ecore. Up river looks interesting but not sure of timing on the lock and other interesting things this River looks like it has. General safety and navigation info appreciated.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:28 PM

Wow... they're are actually going to have it on the same weekend as Basschamps... and launch in Pool 3. This will be ridiculous.

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:31 PM

Ouch.... Didn't check the tourney overlap...Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:40 PM

They've had the exact same overlap I think 2 of the 3 years Champs was out there. They launch much further South than Champs does. I don't recall talking to a single boat that was fishing Media when we were there before.
Posted By: NSproul

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:40 PM

I believe the Red River championship is an individual tournament, you mentioned a partner so I thought I would let you know.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
They've had the exact same overlap I think 2 of the 3 years Champs was out there. They launch much further South than Champs does. I don't recall talking to a single boat that was fishing Media when we were there before.

Really? That's interesting. If they're launching in Pool 3 I figured Pool 4 might get crowded?

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 05:47 PM

Well heck... Missed that small little detail. Got excited about the date and didn't see the "Individual" tag.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 07:49 PM

One year ABA ram open series overlapped. But ABA fished pools 2-3 only and Champs fished 4-5.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 08:03 PM

I just wouldn't fish it since it's on the Dead Sea.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 08:35 PM

I know some of you guys like big Red but I fished it twice in Champs and hated it. Why take a lake series and put the finals on a river....never understood that other than the $ Champs gets for going there.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Media Tour Championship- Red River - 07/11/17 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Insurance man
I know some of you guys like big Red but I fished it twice in Champs and hated it. Why take a lake series and put the finals on a river....never understood that other than the $ Champs gets for going there.

Champs can't b getting that much money. They have pretty much shut that down here in Shreveport. That's why we won't ever get another classic!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum