Texas Fishing Forum

Ramps at Tawakoni

Posted By: patriot07

Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/07/17 11:24 PM

Haven't been there in years. Taking the daughter tomorrow morning. What ramps are open? Last time I was there two mile bridge west and east were closed.

Any help for sandies would be appreciated. Just looking to get out for a couple hours to get the boat going again.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/07/17 11:30 PM

I like the state park ramp.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/08/17 12:01 AM

All ramps are open, I would recommend Sky Point or the State Park. Not sure on the fishing.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/08/17 12:47 AM

State park all the way, sky point if you just happen to be coming from up north.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/08/17 01:32 AM

Absolutely State Park and it's protected from the south wind. If you launch there head towards the dam and look for the boats usually out from Holiday Marina. Even though it's free I wouldn't launch on the west end of the bridge, too close to trouble. Good luck and be safe.
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/08/17 02:10 AM

I always launch at duck cove

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 12:23 AM

Reviving this post. Ended up not being able to go due to family stuff. Might be going tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: jackwabbit

The public ramp? Where do you put your boat while you park? Doesn't look like much beach area without rocks.

The private ramp is bumpy and out of the way and costs like $10.

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 12:24 AM

I'll just try the state park ramp I guess. I have an annual pass so it shouldn't cost anything. Thanks for the help.

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
Reviving this post. Ended up not being able to go due to family stuff. Might be going tomorrow.

The public ramp? Where do you put your boat while you park? Doesn't look like much beach area without rocks.

The private ramp is bumpy and out of the way and costs like $10.

The public ramp i nose up to the ramp and tie off and park..... however I am rarely by my self usually dump my son off and and he runs the trolling motor back up to the rivals and I jump on
Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 07:57 PM

We went last night for a few hours, launched near 2 mile bridge. The lake was windy and we were fishing for bass...They were not cooperating...I mean their only job is to eat a lure when presented and they just didn't understand that very well. We fished from 6-9 and we both caught one.. main lake points did the trick, mine came off of some lily pads but it was slow.
Rattle traps and paddle tails worked well.

Good Luck
Posted By: 361V

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: cruzfishing
We went last night for a few hours, launched near 2 mile bridge. The lake was windy and we were fishing for bass...They were not cooperating...I mean their only job is to eat a lure when presented and they just didn't understand that very well. We fished from 6-9 and we both caught one.. main lake points did the trick, mine came off of some lily pads but it was slow.

Good Luck
Confusing answer. Caught "one each", "main lake points did the trick", "mine came off lilly pads", "rattle traps and paddle tails WORKED WELL"......? :-)
Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: cruzfishing

Good Luck
Confusing answer. Caught "one each", "main lake points did the trick", "mine came off lilly pads", "rattle traps and paddle tails WORKED WELL"......? :-)
oops fast reply.
My partner caught a 2 lber on a main lake point with a rattletrap and missed a couple others. I caught a 1lber in Lily pads near that point on a paddle tail. I would focus on main lake points next time no matter how inviting those Lily pads look back in those coves👍
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/18/17 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
I'll just try the state park ramp I guess. I have an annual pass so it shouldn't cost anything. Thanks for the help.

State Park is a no brainer. Launch and go straight across to Rabbit Cove. Go past the marina about 100 yards and fish the scattered bushes with a pumpkin green rage craw and weightless white fluke closest to the left bank.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/21/17 01:47 AM

Finally had my truck broken into there back in April. Tore up the insides and stole everything they could rip out or take. Damn crack heads!

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/21/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Finally had my truck broken into there back in April. Tore up the insides and stole everything they could rip out or take. Damn crack heads!

That sucks. That seems to be an area that attracts them, however they have fenced off the woods around the parking lot that may help
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Ramps at Tawakoni - 07/21/17 02:12 PM

The ramps on either side of 2 mile look nice and are in full view of a very busy road
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum