Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops

Posted By: TOMCAT21

Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 03:47 AM

Will be passing through the area to visit some friends. What are the must hit tackle shops in the area?
Posted By: kcb

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 03:49 AM

Oak Ridge for sure.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 03:53 AM

Oak Ridge, Lake Fork Resort, Lake Fork Marina if you're looking for women's clothing, too... eeks
Posted By: Slade

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 04:15 AM

I stop in and buy stuff at Oak Ridge everytime I'm out there
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 10:53 AM

Take an hours drive north and visit Brannan's in Powderly, TX. Its like a Bass Pro shop crammed into a small building.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 11:16 AM

Lake Fork Tackle
1000 US-69
Emory, TX 75440
Posted By: BassBlack

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 03:34 PM

I donate quite often at Oakridge & Lake Fork marina. Good selections
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 03:48 PM

I don't get to the east side much so it's Lake Fork Resort, Lake Fork Marina and Weedless Lures for me.
Posted By: Chasin'Bass

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 04:31 PM

Check out my reviews they both have lots of stuff to spend your money on.

Oak Ridge Marina
https://youtu.be/cGuQ9obKStI

Lake Fork Resort
https://youtu.be/yio6h7nxsw4
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Slade
I stop in and buy stuff at Oak Ridge everytime I'm out there

This.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 05:34 PM

I love Oak Ridge. In there all the time. But I wish they'd do a better job on drinks and snacks in there. They have thousands of dollars in swim baits in there, but only about 10 cokes in the cooler!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
I love Oak Ridge. In there all the time. But I wish they'd do a better job on drinks and snacks in there. They have thousands of dollars in swim baits in there, but only about 10 cokes in the cooler!

So you are saying they have their priorities in order?.... woot
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 05:45 PM

roflmao
No, but seriously. When I go in there for lunch or whatever, and want to grab a Mountain Dew or 2 to put in my boat for the afternoon I cant. Have to stop at Minnow Bucket. I heard a lot of people complaining about that this last weekend out there.
So, I guess my point is, if your gonna have prolly the best tackle selection on the lake, step up your drink/snack game to go with it!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: John175 ®
Lake Fork Tackle
1000 US-69
Emory, TX 75440

OMG Really
Posted By: Joey Watts

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 06:04 PM

Lake Fork Tackle and lake Fork Marina both stock some of what I do in their stores. I say stop by either one of those 2 places and pick you up some Shimmer Swimmers !!!
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/07/17 06:08 PM

TOMCAT If you go by Oak Ridge check out those Roman swim baits there only $440.00 each. Sinkey that might be what they spent the drinks money on.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/09/17 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER
TOMCAT If you go by Oak Ridge check out those Roman swim baits there only $440.00 each. Sinkey that might be what they spent the drinks money on.

Ha! Since I'm only a bank/pond angler right now I think I'll pass on the big (expensive) swim baits.
Posted By: redmojo

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/09/17 06:38 PM

Oakridge Tackle is great really great and the food is good but bring your 4 wheel drive vehicle because the parking lot is the worst on the lake! Never understood why they don't attempt to fix it just a little.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Lake Fork Area Tackle Shops - 07/09/17 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: redmojo
Oakridge Tackle is great really great and the food is good but bring your 4 wheel drive vehicle because the parking lot is the worst on the lake! Never understood why they don't attempt to fix it just a little.

The parking lot isn't bad. U should come caddo!! Lol. But some moron decided park sideways taking up 5 spots 2 weeks ago. What a smart move. I was at Lake Fork Marina same day and I still think Oak Ridge has the best selection of baits around the lake
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum