Texas Fishing Forum

Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get?

Posted By: Gman72

Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get? - 07/06/17 11:51 PM

I saw 2 on tacklewarhouse....one for $129 & the other is $159. Anyone know the difference?
Posted By: Klinker

Re: Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get? - 07/07/17 01:04 AM

I may be completely incorrect, but I was reading the descriptions a few weeks back and it seems (among other bells and whistles) that the $159 version included aerial photos of the lakes.
Posted By: WKPhoenix

Re: Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get? - 07/07/17 01:15 AM

No that is correct... difference are the photos, the mapping system is exactly the same. I just bought 3 off Amazon for $100 apiece (new) with free shipping!
Posted By: jafish

Re: Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get? - 07/09/17 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: wktriton
No that is correct... difference are the photos, the mapping system is exactly the same. I just bought 3 off Amazon for $100 apiece (new) with free shipping!
Originally Posted By: wktriton
l. Thanks I too need this info.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get? - 07/10/17 03:38 AM

Has anyone downloaded or used the new "basemap" yet? It sounds like it's a free Lakemaster card.

https://www.humminbird.com/Category/Technology/Humminbird-Basemap/
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Buying a Humminbird Helix. What lake master map do I get? - 07/10/17 10:35 AM

I have. Not the detail of a lakemaster card but a lot better than the standard maps that come with the helix. You will need a 16gb sd card at minimum. The file is roughly 8-9gb. Takes about 25 mins to download and another 20 mins for the graph to update the maps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum