Texas Fishing Forum

Sun Warped Costas

Posted By: Kisndismis

Sun Warped Costas - 07/05/17 08:16 PM

Left mine on the dash think it was Sat. when I put them on next day could tell me for sure they were "bigger" anyone else ever make this mistake and how did you fix? Bigger as in fit seems real loose.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/05/17 08:24 PM

Never. Mine hang on my mirror all the time during the day.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/05/17 09:23 PM

I had a pair as well and I always hung mine from the mirror. I took the to the booth at skeeter owners several years ago, to be cleaned. When I gave them to him, his first comment was, I see you hang you glasses from the mirror" I said yes how did you know? He stated because the arms are no longer bent so they lay behind your ears to keep from falling off. He gladly put new arms on them for free. Ever since that day, I never hang them, they are always laid flat or put back in their case. That was 5 yrs ago and I have not had any arms go bad.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/05/17 11:12 PM

If it is just the templates, send them in under the repair link on the website and they will replace them. Takes about 2 weeks to get back. The templates will be covered under the warranty. Like mentioned above, I wouldn't leave them hanging all day in a hot truck, we replace several each year at the Skeeter event due to this.
Originally Posted By: Kisndismis
Left mine on the dash think it was Sat. when I put them on next day could tell me for sure they were "bigger" anyone else ever make this mistake and how did you fix? Bigger as in fit seems real loose.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/05/17 11:39 PM

Theyre not meant to be in direct sun light....
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/05/17 11:58 PM

(They are not meant to be in direct sun light....)
What? They are "sun" glasses.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 12:42 AM

Gotta keep your shades in the shade.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Is that why folks pair up Costa's and flat bill caps, I just thought they were jagaloons.

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: WAWI
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Is that why folks pair up Costa's and flat bill caps, I just thought they were jagaloons.

No....but it's a proven fact that the combo gets 1.2% more views on YouTube.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 02:09 AM

Being worn in the sun and hanging in a hot vehicle in the Texas summer with the windshield helping to magnify the glare/heat on them are two different things.

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Being worn in the sun and hanging in a hot vehicle in the Texas summer with the windshield helping to magnify the glare/heat on them are two different things.
amazing how unbelievably hot a vehicle interior can get here in Texas.

I had a friend that had a sun roof get stuck open with a little rain coming. So he stretched plastic wrap over the opening. A few minutes of sunshine following the rain and his car was burning to the ground. The cellophane caught the water and turned it into a magnifying glass. Focused the suns heat onto his interior and it caught fire.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 02:19 AM

Just leave a pile of crankbaits in a vehicle in the Texas heat and see what happens.... roflmao
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Just leave a pile of crankbaits in a vehicle in the Texas heat and see what happens.... roflmao

True! Lost a half dozen Lucky Craft Baits that way.
Posted By: Worktofish

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 11:08 AM

Go to website and fill out warranty claim, one of my earpieces broke on mine and I sent them in to be repaired, well the style I have was no longer available so they sent me a brand new pair of my choice for 12 bucks!! Basically free! Paying for shipping.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Sun Warped Costas - 07/06/17 12:57 PM

I have had good and bad luck with their warranty service and was leary to send them in because of it but I was wearing them yesterday and they are just not comfortable to wear. I need to get a new backup set first ( kid lost mine that I loaned him at our beach trip last week) then plan to send in, will reply back on how it turns out. Glad its not a phenomenon! So will the sun eat crankbaits, may have to find an old one and set it up there on the dash and see, will it turn into a banana?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum