Texas Fishing Forum

Spot Lock

Posted By: Tracker Tim

Spot Lock - 07/05/17 12:41 PM

Spot lock while getting boat trailer. Just push your boat away from the dock and lock it with the remote.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 06:41 PM

I was doing that with mine for a while. Now that I've witnessed the spot lock "lose spot lock" a couple times...I don't trust it to have my boat within remote range for that kinda stuff any longer. Haha....

Would NOT be too cool to come back and see your pretty Skeeter a couple hundred yards from the dock. Or, worse yet, smashing itself on those rocks a little down wind.

Fun trick, but a rope and a couple boat fenders are what ya need to be doing.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 06:43 PM

That Ranger boat looks terribly underpowered.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 08:56 PM

I'm getting one....soon..deep water guys dream come true banana
Posted By: FalafelSupreme

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 08:59 PM

Would be interesting to see a 'summon' feature like the new Teslas have, as a fail-safe. I still can't wait until I have a fancy trolling motor.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 09:25 PM

Ranger 175 @ 17ft...I didn't know you took a video! Thanks Tim. Those kids were fascinated.

I've never lost spot lock on mine and have been stepping out and pushing it away from the dock for awhile now.

Originally Posted By: fouzman
That Ranger boat looks terribly underpowered.

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: John175 ®
Ranger 175 @ 17ft...I didn't know you took a video! Thanks Tim. Those kids were fascinated.

I've never lost spot lock on mine and have been stepping out and pushing it away from the dock for awhile now.

I was keeping you anonymous!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim
Originally Posted By: John175 ®

I was keeping you anonymous!

Tim who?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I was doing that with mine for a while. Now that I've witnessed the spot lock "lose spot lock" a couple times...I don't trust it to have my boat within remote range for that kinda stuff any longer. Haha....

Would NOT be too cool to come back and see your pretty Skeeter a couple hundred yards from the dock. Or, worse yet, smashing itself on those rocks a little down wind.

Keep the remote with you and drive the boat back with it.
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Spot Lock - 07/05/17 10:53 PM

I use my 12' talons for this. Too much can go wrong with spot lock. It does on occasion lose GPS location which would scare me. Also if there's any kind of strong wind, your boat is going to pivot around the trolling motor in whichever direction and most likely be smashing into the dock

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I

Keep the remote with you and drive the boat back with it.

I know that's the idea.....but can the remote reach a few hundred yards? I know the alpine remote for my radio can only reach about 20 ft....it's NOT IR.

I can just imagine my boat being just far enough away to watch it keep on drifting. Lol.
Nope. I use the tm to fish, and a rope and cleat to hold my POS to the dock.

To the OP, Sorry for the Skeeter misidentification....I see now it was a ranger. GOOD LOOKING BOAT!
I definitely would not rely on my Ultrex to hold my boat....on a boat that costs 30x what I paid for my Nitro...never ever.

Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
I'm getting one....soon..deep water guys dream come true banana

Love mine,...
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 01:01 AM

I like everything about mine except the led lights on foot pedal kill me at night. Got some electrical tape to solve that problem.
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 01:39 AM

You're a brave man.... I won't do that with my Skeeter

Mine loses spot lock from time to time and it sometimes drifts away from its original lock.
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
I like everything about mine except the led lights on foot pedal kill me at night. Got some electrical tape to solve that problem.

Yes I know. Need to find a way to dim the lights on mine also. I was thinking window tint.

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: 521 ranger

Yes I know. Need to find a way to dim the lights on mine also. I was thinking window tint.

Totally agree. Way too bright at night or at the early part of a tournament. Blinding.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:09 AM

Think that's bad, put one of those LED Nav lights on top of your Talon. I tell my buddy not to move out from in front of it lol.

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:10 AM

I have one also. Never loose spot Lock. Y'all

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: tx2va07
Think that's bad, put one of those LED Nav lights on top of your Talon. I tell my buddy not to move out from in front of it lol.
roflmao

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:14 AM

You haven't had it long enough then.

Mine lost it yesterday morning during the peak of the thunderstorm. Kinda scary. I couldn't see the bank from all the rain, and every so often there was a little lightning flash. I relied on it to keep me from washing up on the bank. Hell....at one point, I was spot locked and thinking about taking cover under my console. Hah.

I know it relies on GPS reception, so I also know it can and will fail from time to time.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:43 AM

I want one of these so bad. Not for using at the ramp like this guy, but for off shore fishing, I can only imagine how great its going to be.

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Slade
I want one of these so bad. Not for using at the ramp like this guy, but for off shore fishing, I can only imagine how great its going to be.

As much as you fish Pool, you need one.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: 521 ranger

Electrical tape works great. Just leave a very small section of the light uncovered so you can see when it is on and it won't aggravate or blind you even at night.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Spot Lock - 07/06/17 03:54 AM

My last one never lost it either until it did. Some are better than others. I've had one that you couldn't use the remote from the back if someone was on the front deck. They blocked the signal. My current one, nothing blocks it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum