Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow Guide Help

Posted By: jroush

Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/04/17 11:30 PM

Hey guys,

The wife and I have rented a cabin up in broken bow in a couple weeks. Im interested in setting up a guide trip. Any suggestions on guides y'all have used?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/04/17 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: jroush
Hey guys,

The wife and I have rented a cabin up in broken bow in a couple weeks. Im interested in setting up a guide trip. Any suggestions on guides y'all have used?

Contact loudmouth okie on here, he guides and is friends with other guides.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/05/17 01:47 AM

Send me a pm. Been catching a lot of nice crappie.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/05/17 11:39 AM

I have been out with a couple that I wouldn't recommend. I have never been out with him, but you might want to try Bryce Archy as he seems more LMB focused the time that I talked to him. There will be a decent topwater bite on spots for the first hour and then you will be fishing deeper dropoffs or going after suspended fish this time of year, so I would make sure that the guide you get knows how to summertime pattern the fish up there.
Posted By: Outdoorsman2

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/05/17 02:55 PM

Bryce Archy +1
Posted By: jmo49

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/06/17 12:11 AM

Been out several times with Jerry Walthall, always caught fish, nice guy,
Posted By: Kenja

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/06/17 01:04 AM

Carey Thorn guided my first trip up there about 6 years ago. He's local to Dallas and I see him doing a ton of white bass trips now but if he still guides Broken Bow I would recommend.
Posted By: n_texas_basser

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/06/17 01:19 PM

Bryce Archey is top notch!
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/06/17 04:08 PM

Crappie or bass? I talked to Bryce Monday and he said he was taking some time off. Crappie bite has been good.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Broken Bow Guide Help - 07/06/17 04:44 PM

Crappie bite has been good. All the rain might slow it up some. Might make our sunken cedars to deep. Stained water could slow them down some. The bass will go to the very back of the creeks. They will move to the fresh water coming in. Got 5 inches in places. Not sure how long the fresh water will come in. There are several good guides here. I would like to think that I hold my own.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum