Texas Fishing Forum

To lead or not to lead?

Posted By: i-Fish

To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 12:44 AM

Pressured fish...I get it. Maybe they're just lethargic. Maybe both. Either way most of our water is heavily stained or downright dirty. That being said, I've both used a flouro leader off of braided line and just gone straight braid (10# moss green). I can't say I have experienced a marked difference between the two but I'm a relatively inexperienced angler compared to many of you and I'm not one to impugn others' experience and wisdom. So, please, do tell...have you found a noticeable difference in finesse presentations with our without a leader?
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 12:50 AM

What are you trying to figure out? hmmm

Re: To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: lipjerk
What are you trying to figure out? hmmm

I got you. Edited.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 12:58 AM

if water is that dirty,why are using such light line?

Re: To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: beartrap
if water is that dirty,why are using such light line?

I don't find 10# braid to be light by any means considering it's finesse fishing. I'm not flipping into lay-downs or thick cover by any means. I'm talking your typical finesse techniques. Shaky, whacky, weightless, ned-rig, micro jigs, etc...
Posted By: GROD

Re: To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 01:27 AM

Use flouro for finesse fishing.... Search function on this site will give you a mound of information. Granted years ago they pretty much used one type of line for everything, but now days you have more fishing pressure and boat traffic on the water. Flouro will give you better action in my opinion as well.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: To lead or not to lead? - 07/01/17 02:01 AM

"Heavily stained and downright dirty", I see no reason to be using such light braid no matter what you're fishing. Even finesse techniques on a spinning rod I would be using 30lb braid and stepping up to a 12lb fluoro leader for water that stained.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum