Texas Fishing Forum

Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them

Posted By: Shallow Waters

Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/29/17 06:33 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Impulse Rods. They have 40% of their ENERGY Series 7’0” Medium Heavy rods advertised on the BBC. I went to the website and the rods are regularly $150 so you are getting it for $90 but I couldn't find much about the rods from sites that aren't trying to sale them. Would love to hear if anyone has any experience with these rods. For reference I typically fish Loomis E6X up to GLX, Kistler Heliums, and a couple of Power Tackle PG's. Thanks,
Posted By: Pete Robbins

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/29/17 06:40 PM

I have several of them and really like them. Lance puts a lot of effort into making a quality stick -- if he put as much effort into advertising they'd be nationally known and very popular.
Posted By: basspro99

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/29/17 06:57 PM

Both the Energy series and the regular Impulse rods are top notch. I started buying their rods when they first got started a few years ago. I have 8 of them so far and love all of them. Both Lance and Brion stand behind their product in every way. You can't go wrong with them in my opinion.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/29/17 07:23 PM

Lance builds great rods!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/29/17 09:23 PM

Seems they have a shorter handle then other rods? Is this true or just how it's Messi's red?
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/29/17 09:36 PM

I have two of the 7'2 Multi Purpose Energy Rods and find them great rods for the money. I also have a 7'6 Energy and 5 of the Impulse rods, love them and will be adding a couple more soon. Give them a try.
Posted By: stxrippinlips1

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/30/17 03:47 AM

Their price point is awesome!! I'm definitely going to have to give these rods a try and purchase some!
Posted By: agdave112

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/30/17 12:13 PM

Very light. Very sensitive. Have fished them a couple years now and imo they are the best ones I have used. My favorite flipping rods are the imp76h. Another one of my favorites for jigs/frogs is the imp73xhf. On top of the rods being very well built, Lance and Brion are great people. I don't think you will be disappointed if you try them.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Impulse Rods - Anyone tried them - 06/30/17 12:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I went ahead and order a couple.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum