Texas Fishing Forum

Any Lake Georgetown Tips???

Posted By: bghogdogtx

Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 06/29/17 05:55 PM

Finally get to have a chance to let these East Texas bass a rest for a weekend and finally get a chance to fish one of those South Texas rocky lakes. Anyone have any tips for lake Georgetown I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!!!
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 06/29/17 09:03 PM

Drive from Georgetown to Bastrop and fish Lake Bastrop, there are actually fish there, LOL.
Posted By: BrandonF

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 06/29/17 09:09 PM

There are numerous brush piles. You can download their coordinance from the TP&W site. Some guys are catching them up river in the trees that line the channel. Bluff walls and deep rock points hold fish. Some like to chase the schoolers. I would suggest T-tig,c-rig, shakeyhead, dropshot,top water.
Watermelons,green pumpkin, black, or shad colors. If you get bored,jigging spoon on schools of whites & hybrids will keep you busy all day. The prey on that lake is small,choose size accordingly.
There is a tourney out of Cedar Breaks every Thursday evening if you are around. Go to TTZ1.COM for details.Good luck!
Posted By: Texasdeepv

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 06/29/17 10:00 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12128148/Re:_Any_fish_in_Lake_Georgetow#Post12128148
Posted By: just plain bill

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 06/29/17 10:51 PM

x2 on head for bastrop!

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 06/30/17 04:37 PM

Thanks Guys!!!
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 07/02/17 02:21 AM

Or go to Travis.....much better fishing, larger, more variety. Gtown = the dead sea
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 07/02/17 02:52 AM

Keep Austin Fishing facebook group had a person who caught a 6 pounder out of Georgetown today so it can't be fishing all that bad.
Posted By: just plain bill

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 07/02/17 06:31 PM

I hope he threw it back! That's the only fish in the lake! J/k
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 07/03/17 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: just plain bill
I hope he threw it back! That's the only fish in the lake! J/k

HAHAHA
Posted By: BrandonF

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 07/03/17 01:33 PM

There has been around 8-10 overs or so weighed in each tournament. Some 5's, 6's, couple of 8's. There are plenty of good fish in the lake.

Re: Any Lake Georgetown Tips??? - 07/05/17 01:08 PM

Well Lake Georgetown was not that bad. Only got to fish about 4 hours all weekend. Kids kept me busy tubing all weekend. But did catch a few in four hrs. Not bad I thought for my first time on the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum