Texas Fishing Forum

C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going?

Posted By: buda13

C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/28/17 03:09 PM

Haven't seen much chatter about this event on here, was wondering who all is planning on attending? I cant think of a better cause to donate to, throw in the chance to fish with or against some of the best pros of all time and you have one INCREDIBLE event! Roland Martin, Jay Yelas, Hank Parker, Jimmy Houston, Gary Yamamoto, Ray Hanselman, Alton Jones, Alton Jones Jr, Wade Middleton, T-Roy Broussard, Keith Combs and more... Basschamps is hosting the weigh in so you know it will be top notch. The tournament is capped at 75 boats, right now looks like there are still 35 spots open for the Pro Am. What a cool deal to be able to rub shoulders with some of the best of all time while taking part in such a great cause. During the Pro Am there will also be a kid fish for the disabled and chronically ill children, don't know about yall but I cant wait to see the smiles on those kiddos faces!

Main Event Page - https://portal11.bidpal.net/Portal/bpe304594/main/home.html

Tournament Info Page - http://castforkids.org/wp-content/upload...ed-5.3.17-2.pdf
Posted By: Jigman

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/28/17 03:29 PM

Im in cant wait.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/28/17 04:05 PM

We will be there for the tournament.
Posted By: Team LIL

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/28/17 05:09 PM

I will be there. This is definitely for a great cause. I have hosted a CAST event personally for about 15 years and the smiles we put on kid's faces is priceless. The CAST organization does great work and can really use the funds to keep adding more events across the nation for special needs kids!

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/28/17 07:09 PM

I see someone locked down Gary Yamamoto for $5k. That's awesome!
Posted By: Clark3

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/30/17 03:02 AM

My uncle locked down Alton Jones for 2500$ all goes to a good cause
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 06/30/17 04:36 PM

There was a bunch out on the water this morning even with the very high winds and white capping.
Posted By: aking

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 07/02/17 12:28 AM

How was the event and who won?
Posted By: Swimbaiter

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 07/02/17 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: aking
How was the event and who won?

I believe Alton Jones won
Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 07/02/17 12:44 AM

Alton Jones won with 18lb for 3
Posted By: Clark3

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 07/02/17 01:46 AM

My uncle and his best friend won it fishing with Alton jones. Darin caught the 8.58 that won big bass and helped anchor their 3 fish of 18+ lbs

Re: C.A.S.T. for Kids Celebrity Pro Am & Tournament Lake Waco June 30th - July 1... whos going? - 07/02/17 11:28 PM

This event was incredible, even torrential downpours couldn't put a damper on this deal. Jim Behnken did a heck of a job making it all happen. The kids caught the heck out of catfish and perch from the bank, and the celebrity anglers were nice as could be...accessible to everyone and happy to be there. This was the first annual, next year I imagine it's going to be huge. The link below is to a video of Alton bagging the winning sack.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155458512158627&id=48237453626
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum