Texas Fishing Forum

Trevorra Ultera Ulterra

Posted By: popparon

Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 12:14 PM

Can someone explain the difference in the three and which has the most advantages. Thanks
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 12:59 PM

Ulterra has auto stow and deploy, Terrova is the same, minus auto stow and deploy, the other doesn't exist. Haha

Did you mean Ultrex?
Posted By: popparon

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 01:29 PM

Thanks. That's how confused I have been. Ha
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 01:52 PM

Terrova - electronic steering, spot-lock

Ulterra - electronic steering, spot-lock, auto-deploy

Ultrex - electronic steering/cable steering feel, spot-lock
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 05:19 PM

The ultrex also has a fortrex type mount like a normal trolling motor. The ulterra and terrova have a smaller wireless trolling motor mount.
Posted By: P Prince

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 06:24 PM

Ulterra also has power trim.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 06:42 PM

I just bought and installed a Terrova on my boat a couple of weeks ago. Here are the notes that I kept for myself that I compiled off of Minn Kota's website. The prices are for the 80lb model.

PowerDrive - $1,250
70lbs, 60" only.
Just i-Pilot (no Link)
Deploy-assist lever
Universal sonar is another $100

Terrova - $1,700
80lbs
112lbs is another $300
Lift Assist
Spot-Lock with jog
i-Pilot Link is another $660
60" shaft is another $50

iMarine USA has it for $1,700, free ground shipping. $30 for next day

Ulterra - $2,179
80lbs
112lbs is another $250
Auto stow & deploy
Power trim
Spot-Lock with jog
60" shaft is another $20
i-Pilot Link is $360 over i-Pilot

Ultrex - $2,200
80lbs
112 is another $100
Power steering (less effort)
Lift Assist
Spot-Lock with jog
i-Pilot link is another $400
52" shaft is another $50
60" shaft is another $100

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Freshwater-Bow-Mount/Product-Family/Shop-All/ Minn Kota Freshwater Trolling Motors
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 06:48 PM

If you're not familiar with some of the terms...

Spot lock with jog: When you're spot-locked on a location, you use the remote to move in 5 foot increments in any direction and you're then spot-locked in that location. The jog feature is the only function of the heading sensor puck that is installed on the boat. It's simply a magnetic compass, has no GPS features.

i-Pilot link: Trolling motor is linked (via an ethernet cable) to a compatible Humminbird unit. I think the main feature of this is the "follow the contour line" feature. I think you can also control the TM with the Humminbird. Not sure if spot-lock locations are saved as waypoints or not, but that would be cool. With normal spot-lock, there are some (I think 10?) places to save spot-lock locations within the remote control.

Universal sonar: There's a transducer within the head of the trolling motor that can be made to fit (with about a $30 attachment) a ton of different units. However, it's only conventional sonar; not DI or SI.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 06:59 PM

The power steering is instantaneous and effortless on the Ultrex....also the mount is a Fortrex mount. Those two things make the Ultrex the ultimate choice for a spot lock capable trolling motor.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Trevorra Ultera Ulterra - 06/28/17 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: texasbassdude
If you're not familiar with some of the terms...

Spot lock with jog: When you're spot-locked on a location, you use the remote to move in 5 foot increments in any direction and you're then spot-locked in that location. The jog feature is the only function of the heading sensor puck that is installed on the boat. It's simply a magnetic compass, has no GPS features.

i-Pilot link: Trolling motor is linked (via an ethernet cable) to a compatible Humminbird unit. I think the main feature of this is the "follow the contour line" feature. I think you can also control the TM with the Humminbird. Not sure if spot-lock locations are saved as waypoints or not, but that would be cool. With normal spot-lock, there are some (I think 10?) places to save spot-lock locations within the remote control.

Universal sonar: There's a transducer within the head of the trolling motor that can be made to fit (with about a $30 attachment) a ton of different units. However, it's only conventional sonar; not DI or SI.

Yes, with the link it does mark your spotlocks ( mine shows them as MOB) so you are only limited to number of spots by memory of ff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum