Texas Fishing Forum

I've got a question...

Posted By: Champion1423

I've got a question... - 06/25/17 11:25 PM

I'm not a rep or anything... Just a bass fisherman trying to figure out what fishfinder to buy.

Why does Raymarine not get more love among bass fishermen? Looking at the features their basic dragonfly units have, I find it odd that more people don't talk about them when it comes to fishfinders.

-Wifi-enabled, meaning you could just use your ipad up front and run one unit at the console
-Comes with a RAM type mount
-Chirp Technology
-Downvision (Watch some youtube videos, they look amazing)
-Includes Navionics+ for around $550 on a 7" screen.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: I've got a question... - 06/26/17 01:03 AM

No side imaging on that unit would be my guess, or the fact that they are a little late to the party in the freshwater scene. That being said, I just replaced a HDS 8 with a Axiom 9 w/3D and am impressed with it so far. Easy to operate and lots of features for the price.
Posted By: Champion1423

Re: I've got a question... - 06/26/17 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BigCaseyB206
No side imaging on that unit would be my guess, or the fact that they are a little late to the party in the freshwater scene. That being said, I just replaced a HDS 8 with a Axiom 9 w/3D and am impressed with it so far. Easy to operate and lots of features for the price.
Right, but the Helix 7 with Chirp and DI is $500 without a navionics chip. No SI on that either. Most of the SI units are around $700.

I guess you might be right. Seems like most people just don't know much about them.
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: I've got a question... - 06/26/17 03:32 AM

Cuz it's not what the cool kids use.
Posted By: RJF1423

Re: I've got a question... - 06/26/17 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: PowPowOl'Son
Cuz it's not what the cool kids use.
But it has built in Wi-Fi! Why aren't the cool kids using them Lol?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum