Texas Fishing Forum

Teckel Sprinker Frog

Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/24/17 09:35 AM

Anybody tried the NEW Teckel Sprinker topwater hollow body frog?I would like to except their out of stock everywhere I look except ebay and the price is more than doubled of the suggested retail price of $13.99.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/24/17 12:10 PM

YouTube's TacticalBassin and Bamabass just put the thing into orbit. It'll take a few months for things to settle down I suspect.

For those not following this, it is a new frog with a segmented tail that makes it sound like a Whopper Plopper, but its hooks and body are that of a frog. So, it is more or less weedless.

Interesting.

If it is thrown in open water, time will tell if it is better than a Whopper Plopper.
If it is thrown into pads and grass, time will tell if it can keep up with a traditional frog.

What it might do is extend the range of either of the former two a bit.

Not new, by the way. One old-timer said that they used to make a segmented frog like this, what, I can't recall but maybe in the 1950s.

Brad
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/24/17 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion 221 Elite
Anybody tried the NEW Teckel Sprinker topwater hollow body frog?I would like to except their out of stock everywhere I look except ebay and the price is more than doubled of the suggested retail price of $13.99.

Susquehana fishing tackle has a few left.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/24/17 10:21 PM

I'll buy a few after awhile.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/24/17 10:33 PM

Tried mine Thursday night with no luck but they weren't biting anything. Action does remind me of a Whopper Plopper.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/24/17 10:36 PM

Swivel collects trash so it hampers the use of it fully
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 12:21 AM

It's not rocket science...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 01:28 AM

So it's a frog for dudes that can't properly walk a traditional frog?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 03:34 AM

It's what you want it to be. It's a weedless Whopper plopper type action. I'm constantly building lures out of others. The possibilities are endless. Teckel is capitalizing on the Whopper plopper sales but use your imagination and you'll soon forget about what they are selling
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 12:34 PM

Well, sure, who wouldn't and really shouldn't be trying to capitalize on the Whopper Plopper success, its traits? Great to see anglers like Jaret and others make their own customized versions of lures, modify things, even improve them.

In time, this will fade a bit as they always do, then another will take its place on the "hottest" top 10 list.

If we live long enough, it'll cycle back to someone bringing out a simple purple worm, go "old school" on us, and anglers around the year 2050 will marvel at its effectiveness and simplicity.

Brad
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

It's not rocket science...

So, are you and Mr. Christie buddies???? smile
Posted By: mudd

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 04:16 PM

One on eBay for 100 bucks. Lol
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd
One on eBay for 100 bucks. Lol

That does it, I've got to have one.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Teckel Sprinker Frog - 06/25/17 09:41 PM

Christie fished something like it at Rayburn. That's why they are sold out.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum