Texas Fishing Forum

Abu Garcia Rod Warranty

Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Abu Garcia Rod Warranty - 06/20/17 07:27 PM

I had a guide pop off of my Abu Veracity rod and was looking over my options to replace the guide/rod. My first thought was to just send it to a rod repair place but I was looking over the warranty and saw they would replace rods that are less than 3 years old. For rods older than 3 years it said they will replace it for a "nominal fee". I'm pretty sure I've had the rod for less than 3 years but either way I do not have a receipt. Does anyone know what the "nominal fee" is or how Abu Garcia goes about handling warranties without a receipt?
Posted By: Garett

Re: Abu Garcia Rod Warranty - 06/20/17 07:29 PM

i broke my abu rod a few months ago. just call up customer service and tell them you dont have the receipt. They replaced mine without a receipt. just had to email in some pictures. no charge

Re: Abu Garcia Rod Warranty - 06/20/17 07:33 PM

That's good to hear! Did they just send you a new rod or did you have to send yours in, wait for them to get it, and then they send you a new one?
Posted By: Garett

Re: Abu Garcia Rod Warranty - 06/20/17 07:53 PM

They just sent me a new one! The one they sent actually arrived broke(thanks FedEx) and I called and told them and the sent me another new one! They are awesome

Re: Abu Garcia Rod Warranty - 06/20/17 08:09 PM

Haha that's awesome. Thanks for the info. Gonna give them a call this evening and hope I have similar luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum