Texas Fishing Forum

Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3

Posted By: BigTex1959

Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/17/17 03:39 AM

The box that hooks to the unit stays on even when unit is off , is this normal ? It runs down my battery when sitting at home. The 3 D is turned off on the unit so I have no idea why it stays on all the time any ideas would be helpful. Thanks
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/17/17 10:29 AM

The HDS power cable has three wires, (red, black, an yellow). The red and black are used to power the head unit and the yellow is remote power, also called accessary wake up. This should be connected to the sonic hub to switch it on or off when you power up the unit.
Posted By: D Miner

Re: Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/17/17 04:59 PM

I am assuming that the "box" you are referring to is the 3D Structurescan unit that the transducers hook up to. It definitely needs to have its own power switch, or unhook the power cable when not in use, or it will stay on all the time.
Posted By: m.sherman

Re: Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/18/17 01:48 AM

Yes the 3d structure scan box stays on when u wire it direct to battery as d miner said u need to wire it to a switch
i wired my to the fuse box and it comes on and off the master power switch i have a nitro you may have to get creative
Posted By: BigTex1959

Re: Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/18/17 12:21 PM

Thanks guys , I will have someone look at it my back won't let me get those crazy positions anymore and it's in dash lol
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/18/17 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: D Miner
I am assuming that the "box" you are referring to is the 3D Structurescan unit that the transducers hook up to. It definitely needs to have its own power switch, or unhook the power cable when not in use, or it will stay on all the time.

reread my post. the yellow wire is what switches it on and off.
Posted By: Steve PIII

Re: Need help with HDS 7 Gen 3 - 06/18/17 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111
Originally Posted By: D Miner

reread my post. the yellow wire is what switches it on and off.

The yellow wire only switches it on and off if it is on the same power wires the HDS unit is on. His box is powered somewhere else, as is mine. Otherwise it would turn off when the HDS is shut down. Mine is on a separate power wire to the master power switch. But I put in an in-line switch for it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum