Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday

Posted By: get the net

Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/15/17 02:24 PM

Beware if you park you boat trailer and vehicle at the Lake Palestine Motor Inn on Hwy 155 as last Saturday my truck had the window knocked out of it causing $1300 in damages to window and door and took miscellaneous items from the truck. Another vehicle there also had rods and items stolen out of their truck also breaking out the glass as well. This happened at 240pm last weekend in broad daylight!.Please call Coffee City police if you have any info to share with them as I was the 5th vehicle since Mothers Day to have this happen. The two thieves were in a grey GMC pu as witnesses saw them pull in and leave. Suggest use another ramp as the hotel has no video at the ramp you pay to launch at.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/15/17 02:50 PM

That sucks. Hate thieves. Karma will catch up to them if the law doesn't.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/15/17 11:41 PM

Sounds like another case of idiots trying to commit suicide. Help them.
Posted By: Usmc826

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/15/17 11:47 PM

Anyone seen breaking into my truck please shoot on the spot.
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/15/17 11:59 PM

The Motor inn is crack haven! Enter at your own risk! If you stay their, sleep in your rain suite.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 02:07 AM

Hows the "war on drugs" treating you guys down there?

Unbelievable
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 02:35 AM

Henderson county is big and the sheriff dept isn't. Meth is realitively cheap and makes people in poor situations feel great about where they are. I live right down the road from flat creek. I see it every day and it makes me sick. But it's everywhere.
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 03:13 AM

The west side of lake palestine needs a major dose of GENTRIFICATION.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: MadFluker
The west side of lake palestine needs a major dose of GENTRIFICATION.
not yet I'm buying lots for less than a high end trolling motor. Let me get forty or so then you can gentrify or whatever your talking about.
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 03:24 AM

Me too. Best deal on lake lots in Texas
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 04:44 AM

There were several vehicles broken into last Saturday also at the Flat Creek public boat ramp.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Toadrustler
Henderson county is big and the sheriff dept isn't. Meth is realitively cheap and makes people in poor situations feel great about where they are. I live right down the road from flat creek. I see it every day and it makes me sick. But it's everywhere.

I hear ya on that. I spent every summer for about 8 years in that area late 70s early 80s. My parents still have a house in Point Royal. It was shady back when I was a kid, Mr. Ashcrafts (Crafts Store on 315) son was deep in all the "Smith County Justice" stuff. It looks to have gone downhill even further. But with the new developments in Caney area, that area will eventually clean up. The new marina in Flat Creek (Twin Oaks) looks like it's going to be nice.

Twin Oaks West, or whatever it is just across 315, is very interesting. I won't post the address up, but about 12 boathouses back from the bridge on the left, on Sand Jack Road, there's a pier with so much junk on it it looks like they tried to have a garage sale on it. There's a broke down trailer house and a shack, a couple of broke down vehicles in the yard and lots of assorted yard art. Careful fishing that dock, I got hung on some line hanging down and while untangling it, 3 or 4 people came running out of the shacks, then running back in, then a guy comes out with a pistol. I look up and he's drawn down on me.

That would be a good lot to buy and scrape clean. grin
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 02:38 PM

Going good, just need more prisons and cops.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 04:03 PM

Before anyone decides to go all "The Rifleman" on someone breaking into your truck, I'd be 200% sure you knew all of the definitions of the terms that are mentioned in Chapter 9 of the Penal Code.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;

The way I read the definitions, someone simply breaking into a vehicle isn't burglary or robbery, so if you want to play Chuck Connors, it'd better be during the nighttime. I personally, don't want to risk a manslaughter charge over someone simply taking stuff. Now, if you approach them and they pull out a weapon, that's a different ballgame.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 04:08 PM

Lots of folks talk about it. Few EVER do it. Thankfully, because the few who do typically end up losing it all in legal fees.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: crankn101
Hows the "war on drugs" treating you guys down there?

Unbelievable

about as good as the bass fishing in CO grin
Posted By: big mike

Re: Palestine vehicles vandalized at boat ramp last Saturday - 06/16/17 06:52 PM

The Flat Creek Marina has a new owner and has fixed that place up NICE!! Very secure parking and veteran owned. Great store, too. My fishing partner had his gas stolen at the Flat creek public ramp. They drilled a hole in his tank. They also smashed his window in and stole his tools.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum