Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine Guide

Posted By: Bucketmouth69

Lake Palestine Guide - 06/13/17 10:13 PM

Whos better in your opinion? Ricky Vandergriff or Tom Mayne? Why? How do they differ?
Posted By: Neches

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/13/17 10:18 PM

Tom.
Posted By: RKT

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/13/17 10:41 PM

Look up both of their tournament records over the last ten years and you will see that Tom is the clear choice. Both are good guys.
Posted By: tdwchoctaw

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/13/17 10:50 PM

Tom hands down!!
Posted By: Jswanz58

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/13/17 11:08 PM

Tom!!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/13/17 11:10 PM

Tom Mayne is who I would choose. He can help you understand the why and how to catch the fish. He knows seasonal migration routes, typical starting patterns, etc. He is a stand up guy that I look up to!

I don't know the other guide. Sorry.
Posted By: BBF

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 12:07 AM

+1 for Big Game Mayne!
Posted By: Zoomer

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 02:00 AM

Anyone know about Robert Baxter?Thanks for any input.
Posted By: Greg Latta

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 02:54 AM

Robert knows where they live on Palestine, I recommend him for sure

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 03:02 AM

Like I said before, look at all three of their track records over the years and you will see one clear choice.
Posted By: TxBrad

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 03:34 AM

I know a lot of people have there friends post and boost them up. But all I can say is look at the Media Bass standings for this year. I put it this way, in 3 years ALOT of stuff changes. So look it up all but one tournament was on Lake Palestine!
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: TxBrad
I know a lot of people have there friends post and boost them up. But all I can say is look at the Media Bass standings for this year. I put it this way, in 3 years ALOT of stuff changes. So look it up all but one tournament was on Lake Palestine!

Leaving the topic a little bit but how are guides allowed to fish the media tourneys? Wording in the rules is a little gray.

17. Fishing Guides who have guided for black bass on tournament lake during two-months (60 days) prior to tournament and Anglers who participate in a National Circuit and have winnings of $50,000.00 or more during the previous calendar year will not be eligible to compete, unless said person has fished in the preceding tournament of same division. Championships are considered the final event in each division.

So does this mean as long as they do not guide 60 days prior to the first tourney they are allowed to guide between rest of the tourneys without restrictions. ?

Just curious. Not trying to call anyone out.

I do not know any of the guides mentioned but Palestine isn't a hard lake to catch fish on. Hard to navigate but the fish are where they should be.

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 03:55 PM

Look up the tournament circuit that pays the big money for the area also. The Fishers of Men North Central Division. Don't play the politician game and pick and choose just a few things instead of looking at the big picture! Also, if you notice, a lot of the guys recommending Tom are from other areas and are his customers. That's the best testimony you can get. I know all three guys and they are all fun guys to be around. I would just go with an experienced guy with a long track record of excellence.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/15/17 10:40 PM

Tom Mayne
+1
Tom & I had great trips, enjoyed his knowledge of Palestine & bass fishing.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/16/17 02:54 AM

I just don't see how a guide can make living on Palestine. To win big you will all but destroy your equipment.
Posted By: TxBrad

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/18/17 02:02 AM

I know all of the guys as well and like them all. I'm not not playing politics.
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 06/18/17 03:52 PM

I've know Baxter for years. Good guy, good fisherman, he's put alot of time and effort into learning Palestine. I have no trouble recommending him.

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 03/22/18 11:49 PM

http://mediabass.com/2k18/TX/EAST/points.shtml

HMMMMM.
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 03/24/18 12:09 PM

Both guys are good fishermen, know the lake well and are fun to be in the boat with.
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 03/24/18 12:10 PM

I'm speaking o Tom and Robert. I've never fished with Ricky.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 03/26/18 11:26 PM

Posted By: coachmas

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 03/27/18 03:02 AM

You think Todd Pierce would take me fishing? He is doing well in points in media and won the Ram open on palestine last weekend with 23lbs when the lake appeared to Fishing kind of tough for this time of year. Coach

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 03/27/18 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: coachmas
You think Todd Pierce would take me fishing? He is doing well in points in media and won the Ram open on palestine last weekend with 23lbs when the lake appeared to Fishing kind of tough for this time of year. Coach

I doubt it. Not many guys will/can show others their stuff and then still compete at a top level in the tournaments. I am not saying Todd can't, he has really been dominating Palestine for a while now.

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 05/21/18 12:23 AM

As some of Tom Mayne's customers were at the Villages about to go out with Tom on a guide trip this week, Robert Baxter approached them and tried to solicit a guide trip with them. They told him they were going with Tom and Baxter then told them that he would not go with Tom and that they might catch a few. He then gave them his card. After the trip the customers told Tom it was one of the best trips they had ever been on. What do ya'll think of a guide that would approach another guides customers and tell them that?

I guess Tom has caught a few this year.

https://www.fomntt.com/divStandings.cfm?season=2018&divid=47

http://mediabass.com/2k18/TX/EAST/points.shtml
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 05/21/18 12:43 AM

I don't put much into points. I know lots of guides that don't do well in tournaments. If he produces for his clients that's all that really matters. And for another grown man to approach clients that are about to go out with another guide is pretty low in my opinion
Posted By: CapN Ron

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 05/21/18 08:21 PM

Oh gawsh...we gonna have some guide drama at Palestine. Lemme get the bag in the microwave and get to poppin!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 05/21/18 08:46 PM

popcorn
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 05/21/18 09:02 PM

Lake fork is fishing too good, they had to start drama about another lake
Posted By: clay243

Re: Lake Palestine Guide - 05/22/18 02:04 AM

Can’t go wrong with Tom.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum