Texas Fishing Forum

San Angelo bass spots.

Posted By: Thomas H.

San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 03:22 AM

Hi, I'm in San Angelo for the summer and I know the lakes are low but if anyone knows anywhere in the area and I mean anywhere. I have been to all the lakes and the Concho river at Bell street and have had literally NOTHING. I went in the evening at all of them and threw topwater and texas rigged plastics with no luck. I was thinking maybe under the veterans memorial bridge at nasworthy throwing a deep diving crank or a jig. Also I went to Ivie. Didn't even get a bite.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 03:30 AM

Twin Buttes hooked
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 03:38 AM

Dont bother with a deep diving crank bait in Nasworthy, lakes only 8 feet deep. Twin Buttes is where its at. Bass fishing in both the North and South pools is hot this year.

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 03:43 AM

Awesome, That was the one lake i didn't fish much because it was so windy when i went there. About 25 mph. I think i might need to bring my light tackle so I'm not getting a backlash on every cast. Any suggestions on what to use. It was pretty clear when i went there(North Pool). I was thinking crankbaits and lipless cranks. Maybe smaller swimbaits.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 04:05 AM

Top water bite was crazy early in the morning last week. Once the sun starts beating down I switch to flipping worms and craws. Once you visit you'll see why. Nothing but submerged brush and weed beds.

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 04:20 AM

Thank you lots my friend. I think I'll head out before the weekend so it's not so busy. When i went up to the cage there was nails everywhere and i was in my grandpa's truck and we thought he was bout to get a flat. I think i might have to take a kayak out to get much since its so low. Thanks again on the info!
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 12:49 PM

Believe it or not but there have been some big fish come out of Fisher.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/13/17 03:06 PM

Don't forget the Concho River, there is some decent fish in there. Saw a 6 pounder come out of there last week and there is several good access points.

Re: San Angelo bass spots. - 06/14/17 04:58 AM

My friends dad caught a 6 pounder too. It's just such a funny river because for how small it is, it has an awful lot of dams. Would you happen to know what side the 6 pounder was caught on? Probably not north concho unless it was by the central high school. I tried bell street one time but with no success.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum