Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard tips

Posted By: DARC8man

Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 04:33 PM

Heading to ray hubbard this weekend, any tips would be greatly appreciated! Areas of the lake, lures, etc. for this time of year.
Thanks
Posted By: Cole P

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 04:42 PM

How do you personally like to fish? You can really catch fish in any stage of transition right now.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 04:51 PM

Keep driving past Ray Hubbard. Jet Fleas and drunken ski boat drivers are all over that lake in the summer.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 04:53 PM

Mr Thomas is correct. I love fishing on the weekdays and hate weekends now!

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BThomas
Keep driving past Ray Hubbard. Jet Fleas and drunken ski boat drivers are all over that lake in the summer.

Ray Hubbard is a good lake, but he's right. Right now your going to fight HEAVY boat traffic on Huabbrd. There is a lot of other lakes that I think are fishing better and are getting way less pressure if you don't mind traveling further east.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 05:05 PM

I'd have to agree that Hubbard is getting pretty annoying on the weekends. If you really want to fish Hubbard, go during the week and get off the water by 5pm.

I was on Hubbard last week and did pretty good fishing a drop shot and c-rig in 20-26ft near the I30 rocks. If you prefer to fish shallow, hit the marinas.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 06:20 PM

Wind blown rip rap has been the key for me
Posted By: DARC8man

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Cole P
How do you personally like to fish? You can really catch fish in any stage of transition right now.

I like to fish however makes them bite. Mostly kidding, I fish a lot of soft plastics but also have been known to just go with a slip bobber and a minnow.
Posted By: Nicholas Moudy

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 07:17 PM

watch out for huge boats and wind

Re: Ray Hubbard tips - 06/12/17 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: DARC8man
Originally Posted By: Cole P

I like to fish however makes them bite. Mostly kidding, I fish a lot of soft plastics but also have been known to just go with a slip bobber and a minnow.

Better just pick out your favorite worm and put it on a shakey head. You can fish this anywhere and catch fish on this lake. That or drag a TX rig creature bait. Places? Stick to the main lake -- Everything.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum