Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin 73sv sonar problems

Posted By: jbfalleoff

Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/10/17 07:56 PM

When using the sonar unit say lost transducers signal you can wiggle the plug and the sonar starts working for2 or 3 minutes then repeat lost transducers signal.checked pins none bent but not a tight fit anyone else had this problem
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/11/17 12:15 AM

Mine did it once the other day when I was running in the rain. It just lost signal while I was running back to the ramp and wouldn't get it back. Next day once everything dried out it was fine and didn't happen again. Weird deal. Wouldn't expect that rain would do that, but that's all I could come up with.
Posted By: jbfalleoff

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/11/17 12:24 AM

I just lose down vu and side vu charts maps all work Monday call Garmin rep
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/11/17 01:15 AM

That's what mine did. I was just getting the "lost transducer signal" message.
Posted By: randywillfish

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/11/17 02:16 AM

Mine locks up all the time.
Have to shut down all power and restart it.
I hate the idea of just holding the unit's power button to turn it off.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/12/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: randywillfish
Mine locks up all the time.
Have to shut down all power and restart it.
I hate the idea of just holding the unit's power button to turn it off.

Have you upgraded the software, they update it couple few weeks.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/12/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jbfalleoff
When using the sonar unit say lost transducers signal you can wiggle the plug and the sonar starts working for2 or 3 minutes then repeat lost transducers signal.checked pins none bent but not a tight fit anyone else had this problem

when i first set up my 93 i had the same thing happen. I had tried to push in the plugs through the bracket after it was mounted, sorta like i was used to doing with a lowrance head unit. Then i figured out i needed to push the plugs through the bracket, then attach the bracket to the mount. When you put the unit in the mount all the plugs go in at once - haven't had any problems since.

Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/12/17 03:19 PM

Sounds like plug is loose or dirty. I had this happen, the retainer clip that holds the plugs in the mount had come loose. A little dielectric grease on the connectors keeps them from corroding.
Posted By: phrito

Re: Garmin 73sv sonar problems - 06/12/17 06:43 PM

I have the 73sv as well and those 3 plugs in the back don't stay in the bracket very well. The clip that is supposed to hold them in place isn't great. I've gotten in the habit of just making sure each of them is plugged in snug after I clip the unit into the bracket and haven't had that issue since. I also make sure to cover the plugs with the included covers and after salt water I spray a little dielectric spray on there. But sounds to me like you just need to push those plugs in better from the back of the unit. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum