Texas Fishing Forum

Most $ won

Posted By: Jaredk

Most $ won - 06/06/17 08:43 PM

So I've seen some people tooting their own horn a lot lately and I find it a bit annoying. If you're really as good as you tell everyone on the internet you are, post up your numbers!

I'm terrible but I have a lot of fun. $461 for 2nd in an ABA last year...I was pumped
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 08:44 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:00 PM

$20K on a scratch off about 10 years ago.

Won my entry money back and change a few times, but mostly donating. But that will change soon!
Posted By: tsspencer2887

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:01 PM

Lost more than I've won
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:10 PM

Lost my A$$ on bass fishing every day since I started.

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:11 PM

Man I thought I was the only one who sucks at fishing
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:15 PM

You can win money?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:22 PM

Lost significantly more than I've won.
Posted By: txbassman2019

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Lost my A$$ on bass fishing every day since I started.

says the guy that owns ray roberts
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:34 PM

Got a tfo rod and navionics chip for big bass one time...

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:37 PM

So nobody has won enough to buy a boat, ultrex, and tons of high end jdm gear?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 09:56 PM

A bottle of Biodor fuel additive or wait was that given to me for entering?
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 10:28 PM

$400k+ but lost $425k by 3 ounces after losing my 5th fish the last day of the FLW championship in 03!
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
You can win money?

roflmao

That made me laugh! Well played.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 11:13 PM

Only way you can make money bass fishing is if you have sponsors, boat, tackle, truck, etc. Otherwise it's a hobby. My partner and I won a boat and lots of cash prizes over the years but if you add it all up together it won't come close to what we've spent and I mean not even close. Having said all that I would not change a thing, money well spent.
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Most $ won - 06/06/17 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: HDVS
$400k+ but lost $425k by 3 ounces after losing my 5th fish the last day of the FLW championship in 03!

Jesus, I just looked that up. Had a higher 4 day weight by over 2 lbs and lost. What a stupid format.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: E8C-ENG

I have....but then again I know you were referencing me.

I have won the last three weekends in a row...granted they are "working mans" type tourneys. But, they add up. $250-400 at a time.

They are "open" tourneys, you should come call me out!
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Got a tfo rod and navionics chip for big bass one time...

Ha! Know you've won more than that!
Posted By: Txfencebuilder

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 12:19 AM

If u do it for the money u should find another job but the bragging rights are worth alot around the fire with the buddy's you beat
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:00 AM

Way in the negative
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:25 AM

The only time I did OK I spent 4x more pre-fishing than we won. I'd do that again because it's the best I/we have ever done.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:35 AM

I've won tens of dollars fishing Thursday evening tournaments. Surprised the sponsors haven't come calling.
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:46 AM

Five top 5 finishes in 23 BFL tournaments including 1 win and another top 20 finish as a co-angler, back when I fished tourneys. Fished 2 tourneys as a pro, won the first one (Anglers Choice Pro Am) and cashed for 10k, finished a few pounds out of the money in the 2nd. Figure I came out about 10k to the good. Proved to myself what I set out to prove and walked away.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 03:16 AM

Won $20 at Media Championship on Fork. They were paying for the smallest under. It weighed .11 pounds. When the guys at work asked me how I did I told them I got a check but of course did not elaborate! LOL
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 11:13 AM

pretty much why I quit tourney fishing. Tired of giving money away. Just fish a small club

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: John Peebles
Five top 5 finishes in 23 BFL tournaments including 1 win and another top 20 finish as a co-angler, back when I fished tourneys. Fished 2 tourneys as a pro, won the first one (Anglers Choice Pro Am) and cashed for 10k, finished a few pounds out of the money in the 2nd. Figure I came out about 10k to the good. Proved to myself what I set out to prove and walked away.

Pretty impressive, only guy on TFF to come out on top. Congratulations.

Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 12:04 PM

I won a pair of Costas in a BassChamps "guess the weight" thread here on TFF. Zero dollars spent on entry fees, gas, equipment, lodging, etc. but won a prize that could be up to $200 - that's a good return on investment! roflmao
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 12:11 PM

took a 2nd in media teams last year $750... that almost covered the entries for the year... I figure i would be fishing anyway so gas/gear/oil etc will be used either way
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion1
Won $20 at Media Championship on Fork. They were paying for the smallest under. It weighed .11 pounds. When the guys at work asked me how I did I told them I got a check but of course did not elaborate! LOL
Only loosers go after the smallest fish! roflmao
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:00 PM

Yes it was! Just kinda how my luck runs! It's never really about money! Just the passion to chase little green fish!
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:18 PM

I won 500$ one time in a derby on Lake Gaston,VA. I've fished in about 20 local open derbies and been in the money five times or so. I'm so far in the red I'd have to win the classic to break even. It's worth it though. I've met a lot of great people through bass fishing. It's not about the money for me.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:46 PM

Our goal has always just been to have fun and hopefully win enough money to cover the entry fees for the year which I think we've done 5 out of the last 7 years or something like that. Our biggest single check was $3450 for winning a small JCO Tourney on Fork 6 years ago.

I would never in a million years fish for the money because there simply isn't enough in it. It's literally 1% of 1% that make really good money and that doesn't take into account the stress of living on the road, converting a really fun hobby into a job, etc. And like everyone else, despite the checks we are WAY in the negative over the last 9 years.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:46 PM

One time at Lake Worth I won a free pack of tungsten weights.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:51 PM

Have won an ABA, BFL, FOM, And several Tops 10s across those.... And various smaller circuit wins. It don't add up to much.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:51 PM

I won a boat once and the most money was $600
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:54 PM

I got a free hot dog at a bass champ event one time!
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 01:55 PM

Just wondering how someone that has fished 23 BFL tournaments, hmmm pre fishing, equipment, gas, lodging, been down that road and this doesn't add, just sayn
Originally Posted By: John Peebles

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
One time at Lake Worth I won a free pack of tungsten weights.

Self deprecating humor, love it. Not sure you're being honest though Mr. Buda.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 03:46 PM

most I ever won at one time was $20,000 for second place in All-American....only lost by couple pounds and line broke on winning fish right before I had to come in...winner (Doug Garrett) received $100,000...
Posted By: TxBassSniper

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 04:14 PM

Harold, those 23 tournaments were as a co-angler, had a buddy that also fished co that traveled with me. No pre-fishing, and all other expenses were split. Used to live in Jasper so I had free lodging most of the time with friends there. Always wondered why a co-angler would drag a boat down and pre-fish when they had no say in where they were going to fish. Did you pre fish as a co-angler? Did it help? I just showed up, fished and had fun.
Thinking back on it, and factoring in the pro tourneys, winnings after all was said and done were probably closer to 7-8k but still not a bad run.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion1

I wish I could have seen you chasing it around trying to get it out of the livewell hahah
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 05:25 PM

I've won a couple hundred here and there but the most was at Lake Eufaula a few years back. $1000 for 8th place and another $650 for hourly big bass in the Lawter tournament. Mine was 6.00 lbs and there was only one bigger at 6.20. Big Bass overall won over $9,000. So that one hurt a little
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Most $ won - 06/07/17 06:44 PM

I use money from jackpots and opens to help pay my bills....do I count on that money? Absolutely not
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 01:13 AM

Back in late 80's redman (BFL) Georgia and Alabama were separate divisions and generally had full fields or close to to it...one year they decided to do a combined Georgia and alabama tournament on lake Eufaula.. had somewhere around 375 entries and they handled it pretty good with two sets of scales...back then redman/bfl was draw tourney and I remember the drawing seemed to take forever the night before...back then big fish pot was $5.00 with $4.00 paid to fisherman and $1.00 went to bass research (or probably mike whittakers pocket)...fishing was really tough but
I caught a 9.8 lb fish plus a couple more keepers and ended up winning big fish which was worth almost $1,500.plus I placed in top ten and I think my check for that was worth $900.-1,000. so that was good payday for late 80'S....
fast forward a year and I went no-boater to a bama division redman on wheeler...drew out with a nice guy who in the coarse of conversation mentioned he was a branch mgr. for a bank....later on in the day we got to talking about big fish and guy says you aunt gonna believe what happened to me at combined Ga./Al redman on Eufaula....he said I caught the biggest bass I ever caught in my life...weighed 9.2lbs...said that he watched the weigh-in line hoping his fish would hold up as big fish..he said with just a few fishermen left to weigh in,he went in marina to get a coke and when he came out...one of his buddies told him "some sumbitch' weighed in a 9.8 oz fish and beat me out of all that big fish money..
didn't say anything for a few minutes and finally told him that if it would make him feel better,the guy that won it needed the money more than you being a banker and all....he wheels around and says "do you know him"....and I said "you're looking at him"....he did threaten to make me swim back to the landing......

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 01:32 AM

Ha! Nice story beartrap.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 01:51 AM

$40k in a single tournament over my career fishing $100k+ spent fishing lots more. It shouldn't matter who's made what or how much I think everyone is after the same passion that's to chance them green fish. It's the love of the sport and being able to join my son and wife in the outdoors.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: PlanoTom
I won a pair of Costas in a BassChamps "guess the weight" thread here on TFF. Zero dollars spent on entry fees, gas, equipment, lodging, etc. but won a prize that could be up to $200 - that's a good return on investment! roflmao

Man that's awesome, I've always wondered if anyone hits it. That's like a 4 number lottery ticket. Guess I'll keep submitting my entry👍
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 03:42 AM

maybe the bass champs all time money winner will chime in to tell us how good he is....

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: outfishdya
maybe the bass champs all time money winner will chime in to tell us how good he is....

Who?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Brent S

Who?

R. Rose
Posted By: Bass_Fanatic

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 05:20 AM

I've won a little over $30k since last January. Could have easily been $60k but had two terrible mishaps in two big tournaments. Lost 30+lbs in Champs on Toledo last year and lost a 7lber in the Keith Combs tournament that would have won it for us. But still cashing good check most weeks plus winning a Champs helps too.
Posted By: Ranger205

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 05:49 AM

Placed second at a Federation Shootout for the top 72 anglers in the Texas Federation about 10 yrs back. Won a Minnkota of my choice, $500 for big bass (8.75lbs) and had an all expenses paid trip to the State Championship the following yr. All total about $2100. Missed the first place boat by less than 2 lbs. Won an hourly at a KCKL on CC one yr w/9lber and 5th overall and about $600. Also been on two Federation State Championship teams w/my club (Century BC) that paid for the week trip and then some. In fact we won this yrs Championship on Falcon back in February. Great memories and friendships made.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 11:13 AM

popcorn
Posted By: pacertom

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 01:48 PM

Who?

R. Rose

Doubt it....to busy playing Jazz in Florida. https://www.facebook.com/robbierose99
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 01:58 PM

Question is most money won't, I'm assuming that means at 1 time. I won't $2200 couple years ago, by my calculations at $50 a year I can fish the tournament 20 more years and be ahead for entry fees only. Took 15 years to win it the first time.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 02:11 PM

I won some Costas from Bass Champs recently as well, total score! Won a navionics chip for first place out of the money and I've won a couple of tournaments with different partners and took home a nice a wad of cash in a big bass event but in fishing you don't make money unless you are pro or guide and even then you may not. It's more about the win than the money until I cash a huge check LOL.

My wife and I have very expensive hobbies, she has her horses (she trains humans and horses and does well but competing doesn't make you anything), I have fishing. We spend a ton of money but we have fun doing it.
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 03:27 PM

I won $22 for dink in workin' man's tournament. Never made that much money doing something so fun in my life. Granted, I probably spent $100 in tackle the day before the tournament.

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I have won the last three weekends in a row...granted they are "working mans" type tourneys. But, they add up. $250-400 at a time.

Congrats on that, by the way. Kept seeing your name pop up on the group texts. You fishing tonight?

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: dillon_SWFA
I won $22 for dink in workin' man's tournament. Never made that much money doing something so fun in my life. Granted, I probably spent $100 in tackle the day before the tournament.

Congrats on that, by the way. Kept seeing your name pop up on the group texts. You fishing tonight?

Normally I don't fish the week night tourneys, since I have to work till 6. But, tonight I was invited to back seat with a friend....so hes gonna pick me up at the ramp when I can get there.

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 08:32 PM

I will be on the back of my buddies red Ranger. Haven't fished it in a few weeks so hopefully we can find them. Good luck out there.
Posted By: elrod

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 08:51 PM

Won a guided trip for door prize the night before the tourney
Posted By: bccougar

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 09:35 PM

i won a minnow bucket about 20 years ago. still got that bad boy too! anyone want to buy a minnow bucket?
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 10:17 PM

750 at McDonald's one year

100 at grapevine

Several participation packages.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Most $ won - 06/08/17 10:40 PM

Just under $5k in 11 tourneys the past couple of years...I figure pretty close to break even if not a few grand in the hole, excluding the boat payment. Just enough to convince the wife it's not a complete waste of time and money grin
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 01:50 AM

2017 has been good to my partner and I. With Triton gold $30,700 in four basschamps south tourneys!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 02:46 AM

bout tree-fiddy grin

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 03:33 AM

I will be on the back of my buddies red Ranger. Haven't fished it in a few weeks so hopefully we can find them. Good luck out there.

How dis you do? We only managed 3rd. Couldn't cull that last fish.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
bout tree-fiddy grin

You and me both! gotta start jackpotting my local lake so I can win 350 every few weeks or so. Hell one claimed it paid his bills. roflmao I won a lews combo this year! It's sweet, I framed it!
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: pacertom

Who?

R. Rose

Doubt it....to busy playing Jazz in Florida. https://www.facebook.com/robbierose99

Here is the guy we all gave out money to.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: HDVS

I think that was the year Dudley won. He made over a million in two years after winning the Ranger M1 the previous year.I talked to him at the Classic this year.

Re: Most $ won - 06/09/17 01:20 PM

How dis you do? We only managed 3rd. Couldn't cull that last fish.

Placed 5th. Had first two in the box by 7:00, just couldn't catch a third keeper. It was fun though. Won our entry back.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum