Texas Fishing Forum

Need a giant jighead

Posted By: JohnButte

Need a giant jighead - 06/06/17 07:57 PM

I just got some 10 inch soft plastic swimbaits that look pretty sweet, but I can't find a jighead big enough. So far the best I've come up with is a 10/0, but even that isn't nearly long enough. Anybody heard of or know where I can find a truly giant jig hook? Or have any alternate rigging suggestions?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/06/17 08:08 PM

Walmart carries giant 1 oz jig heads
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/06/17 08:08 PM

look at the Owner and Kalin's saltwater bullet jigs. That's what I use.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/06/17 08:22 PM

Get a 12/0 Owner Beast hook
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/06/17 09:33 PM

Get a regular big jighead designed for swimbaits and add stinger hook.

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/07/17 02:57 AM

Thanks guys. Going to be testing on bass and muskie.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/07/17 04:00 AM

I make a 1 oz with an 8/0 hook. There is a custom aspect to the hook placement in the mold that makes the shank run longer than a traditional 8/0. It is a big hook on a big lead head. Tested it on up to 8" Live Magic Shad flat tail swimbaits, and I bet it will work with that 10" you've got, especially if it's a paddle tail.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/07/17 04:04 AM

At this point I'd give up on bass tackle and start buying striper tackle. cyclop
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/07/17 01:30 PM

Good suggestions above.

Trokar makes a 9/0 swimbait hook if you like their hook point design

and there's these I'd like to try available in 10/0 and 12/0 in multiple weighted options

Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/08/17 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
I make a 1 oz with an 8/0 hook. There is a custom aspect to the hook placement in the mold that makes the shank run longer than a traditional 8/0. It is a big hook on a big lead head. Tested it on up to 8" Live Magic Shad flat tail swimbaits, and I bet it will work with that 10" you've got, especially if it's a paddle tail.

I picked some of these up at the Rayburn Big Bass Splash from Gilbert at GTB Outdoors....the hook has an extra long shank that works really well on big swimbaits. Would def give them a shot.

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/08/17 05:46 PM

Thanks, will check out all suggestions.

Just an fyi, I suck at muskie fishing so don't expect any pics. Trip is mid july.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Need a giant jighead - 06/08/17 05:53 PM

Try here.

http://www.warbaits.com/store-SWIMBAIT-HEADS.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum