Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine Question

Posted By: LeonSulak

Lake Grapevine Question - 06/06/17 03:10 AM

I have been fishing the lake hard for a couple of months. Finally start to get good numbers every trip. I havent ventured all the way west yet, and in there lies my question. Is it worth going to marshall creek or denton creek? While looking online I have noticed a lot of submerged brush.

While we are on the subject... if I am catching 10-15 bass each trip but most are less than 2.5lbs, what move should I make? My thought is deeper. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the input.
Posted By: Cal Fishin

Re: Lake Grapevine Question - 06/06/17 05:46 AM

Many secrets to this little lake that are fun to find out. Finding deep brush piles is your best bet for size. At least from my experiences on the lake. I'm out there almost every day. Rock piles and brush piles in 8-20 fow.
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Lake Grapevine Question - 06/06/17 06:03 AM

Fish the tournaments there and befriend some of those guys who regularly fish working mans or grapevine series. I am sure you will learn a lot just being there on tournament day. The dam, marinas , tires, and rocky points are the areas the bigger fish I have caught there have come from. There are brushpiles and other types of man made type brushpiles in deeper locations but never really produced for me. The underwater point on north side west of rockledge park, the point past the island on the left are two areas that have deeper brushfile type cover. Wish I knew more. Topwater football jig and deep diving crankbaits this time of year caught my bigger fish. Good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum