Texas Fishing Forum

Literally killing them

Posted By: outfishdya

Literally killing them - 06/04/17 10:20 PM

Had a good week on Lewisville, fished Tuesday, Wed, and Thurs. There was a green slime covering the entire lake on Tuesday. Due to no wind at all, it was everywhere from Hickory creek to the dam. I caught around 50 bass that day so I didn't think twice about the algae.
Returned Wednesday and the water was as clear as I have ever seen it with temps above 50 deg. First fish I hook is around 4 lbs and my boat was sitting in 20 fow. I brought her up, unhooked from the lip and let her go. A min later she was belly up and not looking good. I originally thought She got the bends, and I didn't have a needle. I ended up keeping her and she was dead in 10 min. The mor I think about the catch, I doubt she was deeper than 8 maybe 9' deep.
Returned Thursday, Brought in one over 6lbs, then next cast hooked into a 5lb. The 5 lber jumped around a few times the wrapped me on some brush. By the time I got loose, I moved back out and 5 min later I see it belly up flopping around.
Today I am out in the same location, I see a guy hook a good fish, it runs him, and jumps and comes loose. 5 min later it floats belly up. Another guy boats over and gets it. About 4lbs, gut fat as can be, but doesn't make it. I have gone entire seasons without a fish die in the live well. Is this just bad luck?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Literally killing them - 06/04/17 10:34 PM

For anyone looking for a fish cage, the water was clear enough to see one here on Tuesday....
I will assume there is a legal reason to have one

bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum